Company: Lincoln Property Company
Posted on: September 10, 2020
OverviewLincoln Military Housing - A company for Growth and
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of
Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property
Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of
military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln
Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for
military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate
about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing
our military families with exemplary service in a quality home
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of
talented and passionate individuals while being provided with
unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional
development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the
opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service
members and their families by demonstrating our core values of
INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and
COMMITMENT.ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life of an Accounting
As a Lincoln Military Housing Accounting Assistant, You will be
responsible for managing and maintaining daily rent deposits, daily
check payments, processing utility payments and various other
general office functions. Your role requires accuracy, the ability
to work efficiently and effectively, and the ability to deliver on
our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with
Lincoln Military Housing's quality customer satisfaction
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare, review and/or process bank deposits.
- Input and post deposits in Yardi and/or post receivable
- Scan and batch invoices in Yardi.
- Process check disbursements / ACH payments and corresponding
documents as needed.
- Complete daily updates on internal cash sheets (depository and
- Update and maintain utility logs and process utility invoices
- Maintain scanned documents to include utility invoices, journal
entries and other documents as required.
- Validate purchase orders.
- Prepare / assist with annual 1099 reporting.
- Coordinate and assist with preparing small business and various
state tax filing requirements.
- Ensure vendor documents meet compliance requirements.
- Ensure adherence to company purchasing policies and procedures.
Ensure approvals and support are obtained for payables and
receivables according to company policies.
- Assist with other duties, which could include office filing,
opening/distributing mail, ordering / maintaining office supplies,
- Perform related duties and ad hoc analysis as assigned by
QualificationsWhat You Need for Success:
- Associate degree preferred or minimum of four years
- Property Management industry experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and
Outlook, Gmail and Google Docs).
- Yardi experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Flexibility
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices. Must also be able to
work effectively with and in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain DBIDS or equivalent access to MCB Camp
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work,
training, meetings and other work-related activities.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit
programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from
career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we
are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality
benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer
competitive compensation and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Lincoln Property Company, Oceanside , Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!