Part Time Bilingual Patient Financial Advocate
Posted on: June 20, 2022
PART -Time, Entry Level - GREAT way to get hands on experience!
Plenty of opportunities for growth within! Location: ONSITE at a
Medical Facility in Oceanside, CA Hours: Wed - Fri - 5:00PM -
10:00PM; -Saturdays - 9:00AM - 2:00PM Must be bilingual in Spanish
and English! Medical screenings & vaccinations required for
position. We are a leading provider of transformational outsourcing
solutions and services spanning the customer lifecycle across the
Healthcare industry. -At Firstsource Solutions USA, LLC, our
employees are there for the moments that matter for customers as
they navigate some of the biggest, most challenging, nerve-racking,
and rewarding decisions of their lives. - Dealing with healthcare
challenges is hard enough but the added burden of not knowing how
much that care will cost or having a means to pay for it often
creates additional stress and anxiety. It's times like these when
our teams are there to help guide these patients and their families
through the complex eligibility and payment process. -At
Firstsource Solutions USA, LLC., we take the burden away from the
patient and their family allowing them to focus on their health
when they need to most. Afterwards, we work with patients to
identify insurance eligibility, help them navigate their financial
responsibilities and introduce ways to achieve financial well-being
through payment arrangement options. - -Our Firstsource Solutions
USA, LLC teams are with patients all the way, providing support and
assistance all the while seeing first-hand the positive impact of
their work through the emotions of relief and joy of the patients.
- Join our team and make a difference! - The Patient Financial
Advocate is responsible to screen patients on-site at hospitals for
eligibility assistance programs either bedside or in the ER. - This
includes providing information and reports to client contact(s),
keeping them current on our progress. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Review the hospital census or utilize established referral
method to identify self-pay patients consistently throughout the
- Screen those patients that are referred to Firstsource for
State, County and/or Federal eligibility assistance programs.
- Initiate the application process bedside when possible.
- Identifies specific patient needs and assist them with an
enrollment application to the appropriate agency for
- Introduces the patients to Firstsource services and informs
them that we will be contacting them on a regular basis about their
- Provides transition, as applicable, for the backend Patient
Advocate Specialist to develop a positive relationship with the
- Records all patient information on the designated in-house
- Document the results of the screening in the onsite tracking
tool and hospital computer system.
- Identifies out-patient/ER accounts from the census or
applicable referral method that are designated as self-pay.
- Reviews system for available information for each outpatient
account identified as self-pay.
- Face to face screen patients on site as able. - Attempts to
reach patient by telephone if unable to screen face to face. -
- Document out-patient/ER accounts when accepted in the hospital
system and on-site tracking tool.
- Outside field work as required to include Patient home visits
to screen for eligibility of State, County, and Federal
- Other Duties as assigned or required by client contract
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the hospital
staff of all levels and departments.
- Report any important occurrences to management as soon as
possible (dramatic change in the number or type of referrals,
- Access information for the Patient Advocate Specialist as
needed (discharge dates, balances, itemized statements, medical
- Keep an accurate log of accounts referred each day.
- Meet specified goals and objectives as assigned by management
on a regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of account information at all
- Maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
- Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the
Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
- Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 - 3 years' experience of medical coding, medical billing,
eligibility (hospital or government) or other pertinent medical
experience is preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to walk, sit, and stand for extended periods of
- Dress code and other policies may be different at each
- Working on holidays or odd hours may be required at times.
Benefits including but not limited to: Medical, Vision, Dental,
401K, Paid Time Off. We are an equal opportunity employer that does
not discriminate based on age (40 & over), race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other protected class in
accordance with applicable laws. Firstsource Solutions USA,
Keywords: FirstSource, Oceanside , Part Time Bilingual Patient Financial Advocate, Accounting, Auditing , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!