Administrative Assistant II
Company: USC Alzheimer's Therapeutic Research Institute
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Administrative Assistant IIThe USC Keck School of Medicine -
Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San
Diego, California is an academic institute committed to advancing
the development of new treatments for Alzheimers Disease (AD)
through the design and conduct of innovative clinical trials.The
ATRI is looking for a dependable and detail-oriented Administrative
Assistant to support the ACTC Program Administrator. The position
will be part of a team that is highly focused on communication and
engagement with external collaborators. Responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through ACTC Program
Administrators team. Initiates follow-up action.
- Serves as resource to others on ACTC procedures or in the
resolution issues. Interacts with external collaborators to
facilitate communications and information exchange.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence,
assists with reports, handles confidential documents and/or forms,
and related materials.
- Reviews ACTC documents, ensures policies are stored as
appropriate, collects signatures on final documents, archives
replaced versions, and collects annual confidentiality agreement
from all ACTC Members.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive
- Schedules and coordinates meetings of ACTC leadership and
committees. Tasks include polling attendees, setting up
invitations, distributing reminders, running Zoom meetings, taking
minutes, distributing minutes for review and approval, and sending
action item follow-ups as needed.
- Responsible for assisting in the management of in-person ACTC
- Books travel for Advisors, prepares detailed and accurate
travel itineraries, and acts as the point of contact for
- Coordinates department functions, as assigned, such as special
events, conferences, seminars, etc. Arranges with vendors for
sites, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, etc.
- Coordinates production and/or distribution of promotional
- Maintains ACTC Roster, which includes the contact information
for all ACTC Members, as well as their roles within each Unit,
Committee, and Site. Enters and/or verifies database transactions.
Independently reviews and identifies where roles are missing and
follows up with relevant person to resolve issues.
- Requests new ACTC Member SSO accounts, provides user support
like navigation reminders, password reset requests, and requests
removal of inactivate members.
- Maintains and modifies content component of the ACTC website.
Gathers feedback for web site improvement and enhancement. Tests,
maintains and ensures functionality of links. Monitors website for
consistency, cross-referencing and compliance with university
standards for web site content and development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The university reserves the right to add or change duties at
any time.Location: San Diego, CASalary is dependent on experience
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education
as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical and
Keywords: USC Alzheimer's Therapeutic Research Institute, Oceanside , Administrative Assistant II, Administration, Clerical , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!