Senior Automation Engineer
Company: Harvest Technical Services, Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Harvest Technical is looking for a Sr. Automation Engineer for
our biotech Client in the Greater San Diego Area!
- Perform automation and instrumentation and control engineering
design services for existing facility projects, including upgrades
and capacity expansions, equipment upgrading and replacement.
- Produce and review design drawings and specification documents
(URS, FS, DS, etc.).
- Generate, execute, and review design testing, generate and
participate in functional specification testing, and perform field
- Generate, execute, and review Installation, Operational, and
Performance Qualification protocols.
- Generate, review, and approve GMP Lifecycle Documents (e.g.
risk documents, trace matrices, periodic review, etc.) Initiate,
execute, and track progress of change records.
- Review and approve vendor information packages, including
drawings and specifications as directed to ensure validation and
control system requirements are met.
- Lead the start-up and troubleshooting of automation and
critical process utility systems.
- Lead plant operations to assess discrepant events and changes
for automation impact, deliver automation solutions to resolve
operational issues, assist in troubleshooting and providing real
time on floor support of manufacturing operations, participate in
site coordination meetings and attend network meetings.
- Lead inspection activities to present automation design and
qualification deliverables and strategy (e.g. Qualification Project
Plans and Master Plans).
- Automation lead for equipment/software FAT, field testing and
- Experience with Biopharmaceutical manufacturing, design or/and
- Knowledge of process, utility and building control
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines, experience in generation of
- Qualification experience related to control and computer
- Ability to generate engineering drawings and
- Knowledge of ISA standards and practices for
- Knowledge of PID control theories and techniques.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers, and associated
programming languages (RS Logix Preferred).
- Practical knowledge of distributed control systems, and
associated programming languages & ***Strong DeltaV Coding***
- P2 experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of computer aided manufacturing automation.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (Chemical,
Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Science preferred) and 5 years
experience, or Master's degree in Engineering (Chemical,
Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Science preferred) and 4 years
- Minimum of 8 years applicable automation and/or instrument and
control system experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry/GMP
Keywords: Harvest Technical Services, Inc., Oceanside , Senior Automation Engineer, Engineering , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!