Posted on: June 20, 2022
Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with
growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow
offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit
package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time
off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!GENERAL DESCRIPTION:The
unique mix between the business intelligence expert and SQL guru
the Business Intelligence Data Engineer brings to the table the
ability to translate ambiguous user requirements and heterogeneous
data into data models feeding reports that tell a compelling story.
They complement this with the know-how to help us make our BI
infrastructure work like a well-oiled machine. Reporting to the
Director of Business Intelligence they are primarily responsible
for development and maintenance of MagnaFlow's business
intelligence databases and data models with some ad hoc report
development responsibilities. This includes query optimization,
debugging reports and DAX measures, collaborating on development
and maintenance of ETL processes and data modeling. They will work
directly with stakeholders at all levels in the organization to
support their analytics needs aligning with our core BI
strategy:"To develop a system of processes and procedures for the
delivery of relevant, accurate, actionable business intelligence in
reports and analysis delivered in a timely fashion for members of
MagnaFlow's executive, finance, operations and sales teams by
capitalizing on Microsoft's technology stack, engaging in
continuous learning, agile development and having fun boldly going
where no man or woman has gone before."DUTIES AND
- Owns availability, recoverability, scalability, security, and
performance of our BI related Azure SQL Server databases.
- Verifies accuracy and integrity of data loaded to MagnaFlow's
- Identifies opportunities for data integrity improvements in
- Assists in maintaining BI database indexes through manual and
automated solutions, in optimization of data types across
- Assists in maintenance of backups and deployment schedules for
data and reporting solutions.
- Supports business users in understanding business opportunities
through data analysis and innovative, and practicable reporting
solutions (Power BI & ad-hoc reports).
- Assists in maintaining and upgrading existing inventory of
reports and data models and development of new reports and data
models affecting all areas of the business.
- Assists in development and maintenance of scalable ETL
solutions (ADF & Power Automate) ensuring data served to users via
BI is current, accurate and unambiguous.
- Through thorough analysis builds a solid understanding of
- Identifies improvement opportunities in MagnaFlow's BI
landscape and work with stakeholders to implement solutions.
- Assists in development of ad hoc solutions supporting
MagnaFlow's business intelligence function.
- Prepares documentation, training materials and participates in
our monthly Lunch & Learn program.
- Demonstrates continuous dissatisfaction with the status
Keywords: MagnaFlow, Oceanside , Data Engineer, Engineering , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!