Posted on: June 22, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Rachel ShapiraAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 per yearA bit about us:Based in
Oceanside, CA, my client manufactures a full line of apparel,
headwear and accessories and is distributed in over 30
countries.Why join us?GROWTH / ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES.. Medium
sized company now, but they are global now and continue to
grow!CULTUREGREAT BENEFITSJob DetailsThe Accounting Manager is
primarily responsible for supporting the Controller in a variety of
accounting duties inclusive of transactional processing, inventory
costing, financial analysis, annual budget development and
financial audits. Additionally, this position will provide daily
financial oversight to ensure that the financial records are
complete, accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting
principles, policies, and regulations. This is a hands-on role
where no task is too small and requires the ability to operate like
a small-medium size business but also have the vision to think
about driving processes globally so we can scale to support our
high sales growth.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Controller to manage the monthly close
process to provide timely and accurate financial reporting in
accordance with GAAP.
- Manage 1 staff accountant to start and potentially manage more
direct reports over time.
- Prepare and review journal entries for various entities.
- Ability to data mine and understand system transaction flows to
determine the proper accounting processes.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts through monthly work-paper
preparation and documentation.
- Reconcile due to and due from for 3 international
- Prepare analysis' that support all reserve accounts.
- Assist with annual audit and provide support for external tax
- Prepare and/or review sales commissions and royalty
- Prepare and/or review sales tax and Canadian GST filings.
- Assists with testing system upgrades and implementations.
- Collaborate with internal accounting team on process
improvements and develop/refine SOPs.
- Perform data analysis as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or
required.Education/Experience:Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in
accounting or related field from four-year college or
university.3-5 years of related experience required.1 -2 years of
management experience.2 years of public accounting (auditing)
experience at a recognized global firm.CPA license preferred, not
required.Key Skills/Abilities:Excellent interpersonal, written, and
analytical skills.Strong computer skills and advanced experience
with Excel a must (VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, SUMIFS).ERP experience
preferred.Consumer goods and direct to consumer experience
preferred.Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP).Understanding of the general ledger and month-end closing
processes.Detail oriented and organized - must be good at managing
a great deal of information.Have an excellent sense of urgency and
the ability to work with little supervision.Ability to work
effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and
stakeholders.Willingness and desire to learn in a fast-paced and
fluid environment.Deadline-driven with a strong sense of
urgency.Strong analytical skills and business sense.Ability to
read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.Ability to
respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or
complaints.Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific
thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
problems.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the
"Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Oceanside , Accounting Manager, Executive , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!