Company: Aegis Living
Posted on: June 24, 2022
We are seeking an industry-experienced Senior Living General
Manager/Executive Director for our Oceanside, CA community. This
idyllic location in the very appealing San Diego area offers
pleasant ocean breezes and a mild climate all year-round. If you've
always wanted to live in sunny California, near beautiful ocean
beaches, this is your chance!
As leaders in one of the fastest-growing industries in America,
Aegis Living is positioned to fulfill the robust needs of America's
aging baby boomers. - With one in five people entering retirement
age in 2035, we are preparing for the baby boomers who are
technologically advanced and who will expect personalized care. -
Aegis has 34 existing communities scattered across the West Coast.
- We are a 24 year old company with plans to double in size within
the next 10 years. -
Our Communities are advancing the art of luxury Assisted Living and
Memory Care. - As our General Manager, you will provide premium
choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details to our
residents and family members. - At Aegis Living, we are united by
our passion for service. - We strive to create a lifestyle for our
residents that is vibrant, joyful and unexpected, creating an
environment where standards are high. We expect excellence in
service to our residents and families as well as our employees. -
By creating a supportive workplace for our staff, we in turn,
better serve and support our residents and families.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The General Manager (GM) will provide proactive leadership, overall
direction, administration, and management of all aspects of the
community to include effective employee management and solid
financial performance. The General Manager will ensure fulfillment
of our commitment to provide residents with excellence in quality
within an upscale senior living environment unequaled in the
The GM will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and
will independently operate an inspiring and professional property
that reflects excellence and an "above the line" creative
environment. They will provide visible, proactive leadership in
creating and maintaining the highest standards of customer
satisfaction relating to resident care, facilities, food service,
life enrichment activities, housekeeping and staff
Duties and responsibilities of the General Manager include the
- Responsible for the financial performance of the community,
operating within the approved budget, meeting and ideally exceeding
established performance outcomes and company targeted operating
- Foster a strong, cohesive team environment that builds
confidence and strong morale among staff and high staff
- Lead the marketing and positioning of the community through
personal involvement with strategy and sales initiatives.
- Create the focal point for senior living in the area through
clearly communicating the image and brand of the company.
- Build positive service-focused relationships with residents of
the community, their families and staff members.
- Ensure compliance with state and other government
- Hire, develop and retain high quality multi-functional
Required Skills, Experiences and Competencies:
- Sales skills: Experience overseeing sales with significant
accomplishments in building a customer service experience. -
Understands the sales process from generating prospects, using
analytics & closing agreements.
- Financial Acumen: Nimble in managing both top-line results and
expense control. Strategically manage pricing to consistently
accomplish business goals.
- Operational Excellence: Demonstrates operational excellence by
applying company standards while holding the team accountable. Has
experience successfully managing volatile business cycles and
operations and consistently delivering results/outcomes.
Industry experience includes, but is not limited to:
- 5+ years as a top performing senior living General Manager,
preferably in Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Minimum P&L responsibility of $6 Million dollars
- Experience hiring, developing and retaining large teams.
Strong and Compelling Leadership:
- High Judgement and Diplomacy: Seeks diverse perspectives and
critical input, manages an appropriate sense of urgency with the
team motivating them to perform at a higher level. -
- Effective & balanced Conflict Resolution experience.
- Servant Leadership & Aegis Culture Fit: Is mission-oriented and
purpose-driven. -Demonstrates a joy in serving others. Is a humble,
compassionate and authentic leader. Tenacious in reaching ambitious
goals and driven by success for the company. Loves learning and
always seeks self-improvement.
- Hires and Develops the Best: Demonstrated success in selecting,
developing and retaining large teams of quality front-line staff.
Hires caring, talented and motivated people, inspiring them to
deliver their best. -
Education: Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree strongly
preferred. - In lieu of education, Administrative Licensure for the
state of CA (RCFE) required and within 90 days if relocating to the
Keywords: Aegis Living, Oceanside , General Manager, Executive , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!