Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Planning
Company: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Planning– Oceanside, CAGilead
Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company
founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to
patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to our
workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world
and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling
lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions,
where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to
enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific
focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting
hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug
candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure
medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford
them. By joining Gilead Sciences, you will further our mission to
address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care
of patients with life-threatening diseases.Gilead Sciences has an
opportunity for an experienced candidate in Supply Chain at our
Oceanside facility in Southern California. We are seeking
motivated, organized, team-oriented person with expertise in supply
chain. Specifically, highly experienced with all aspects of
material planning, methodology and analytics. Job
- Experienced with ERP Systems, data analysis, KPI management of
metrics and associated corrective action planning.
- Analyzing material requirements, identifying gaps, driving
action plans with business partners to enable accurate MRP.
- Understands the processes associated with material requirements
planning, both related to GMP and MRO material planning, with
expertise of material demand planning inputs, process, and
- Strong business collaboration skills. Partner with the supply
chain team and business to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with leadership on strategic planning
- Forecasting material requirements and assess budget alignment,
communicates foreseeable budget changes based on MRP.
- Assessing raw material requirements to the detailed level and
managing KPIs for health of plan
- Works on problems of a moderately complex scope requiring
analysis of situation or data evaluation of identifiable
- Manages material planning operations and may manage tasks and
performance of assigned group of staff in the Supply Chain
department, in accordance with the budget.
- If responsible for personnel management, selects, develops, and
evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the
- Responsible for implementing and providing input to the
planning of activities related to the material purchase, material
control, inventory control, and shipping/receiving and stores
functions, in support of Gilead's existing and future business
- Works on material schedules and provides business solutions in
support of Supply Chain planning.
- Maintains and assists with the implementation of Supply Chain
policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems.
Contributes to the development of complex new concepts, techniques,
- Assists with the preparation of project plans and manages
projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to
the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex
project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic
- Reviews and assists with planning requirements for business
operations. Acts as an advisor to meet schedules and/or resolve
- Supports the execution of supply chain planning initiatives to
achieve departmental targets.
- Develops and maintains documentation to reflect the
effectiveness and efficiency of department activities. Simplifies
externally facing documentation to the benefit of customers.
Assists in the review and editing of complex regulatory
- May negotiate contracts with suppliers/vendors to secure best
pricing for the business.
- Monitors and reports the cost, schedules, and performance
aspects for contracts.
- Analyzes systems and processes and impact on business
performance. Develops tools needed to support division Center of
Excellence Service Teams action.
- Frequently collaborates with other departments, to ensure
functional area resources are sufficient to achieve project goals
- Acts as a relationship manager for cross-functional or external
contacts. Involved in the earliest stage of partner relationships
to help build solid foundations for collaboration.
- May recommend and assist with the integration of new
technologies and/or new processes as needed, to reduce costs.
- May assist in the development of operational functional
requirements and business process flow architecture of ERP
functions and features, in support of Gilead's existing and future
business plans.Knowledge, Experience, and skills
- 6+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or
- 4+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly
- APICS affiliation and/or Bio Supply Management Alliance
- CPIM / CSCP certification
- Experience using hybrid material planning processes that
include both manual and automated systems.
- 10-15 years material planning experience
- Able to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex
problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
- Demonstrates good planning and organizational skills coupled
with strong time management skills.
- Has an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and
manage supply chain requirements.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of business operating
systems, distribution requirements planning, production scheduling,
Oracle/SAP, and Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel) as relates to
- Proficiency in ERP system software, with emphasis on
Operations/Supply Chain functionalityFor jobs in the United
States:As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is
committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding
recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based
on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual
orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or
characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or
other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds
specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to
ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation
in the job application process may contact for assistance.Following
extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business
implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead
has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors
to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment.
"Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a
two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been
administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a
sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or
disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a
reasonable accommodation.For more information about equal
employment opportunity protections, please view the poster.Our
environment respects individual differences and recognizes each
employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce
reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up
our growing team.Gilead provides a work environment free of
harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support
individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For
Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:Please log onto your to
apply for this job.jeid-39ffa3e68465034cbf6c61373e2e9b49
Keywords: Gilead Sciences, Inc., Oceanside , Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Planning, Executive , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!