Health Info Dept Manager II
Posted on: September 18, 2022
TrueCare Job Title: Health Information Manager II Location:
Oceanside Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. TrueCare is more
than just a place to work; it feels like home. Sound like a fit?
We'd love to hear from you! Position Summary: The HID Manager II is
responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, and directing
the health information department activities of the organization.
The HID Manager II, as Subject Matter Expert in Health Information
Management is also responsible for ensuring compliance with
regulations pertaining to patient health information. ESSENTIAL
- Direct and support day-to-day activities of HID Department
engaged in analyzing, compiling, uploading, scanning, indexing and
committing health information data of patients.
- Oversee staff schedules, coverage plans and assignments; and
manage Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures for the
maintenance of health information.
- Interpret and communicate laws and regulations pertaining to
- Oversee the governance of patient data to include aggregation,
accuracy, integrity, access, , storage, and disposition
- Manage standardization of NCHS patient documents.
- Assess, train, and supervise staff in health information
management procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Adhere to current Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and security policies.
- Prepare and submit all required notifications of suspected or
actual breach of protection of beneficiary or confidential
information or data.
- Perform data quality reviews of patient records for
completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of indexing health
- Develop and implement corrective action plans for health
records audit issues.
- Establish clear production standards with expectations
communicated to staff and monitor the progress and results related
to department goals and organizational initiatives.
- Collect, prepare, and provide production data for monthly
- Develop, schedule, and coordinate employee improvement
programs, orientation programs, and health records in-services for
- Schedule and coordinate orientation for new employees.
- Handle escalated customer complaints or issues when
- Protect patients health information for confidentiality,
authorized access for treatment, and data security.
- Verify that all releases of information request(s) are
processed within ONC, CMS, and HIPAA guidelines; and resolve
problems that arise with releases of health information.
- Process subpoena(s) sent and reviewed by NCHS Quality
Improvement (QI) Department in a timely manner.
- Participate and/or lead special projects to develop and/or
standardize workflows that will improve customer or staff
- Conduct analysis of health record content on a regular basis to
ensure compliance and accuracy
- Assist Clinic Managers in preparation for external audits and
medical record reviews
- Plan and prioritize assignments and develop department
operations, ensuring effective use of time
- Develop and/or monitor department performance improvement plans
as a result of audits or survey results
- Provide direction, consultation and implementation of new
programs related to medical records Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors degree in health information management, business or
related field, or related work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with document
imaging/management systems and health information
management/medical records, with a minimum of 3 years of
progressive leadership or management experience.
- A minimum of 2 years HIM work experience after obtaining RHIT
or RHIA certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with computerization and technology advances in
- Understanding of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule.
- Understanding of 21st Century Cures Act/Information Blocking
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Electronic
Health/Medical Record systems and the Microsoft Office suite,
including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. LICENSES Will be
required to travel between all Truecare sites and locations
therefore California Drivers License, proof of insurance and clean
driving record required. Must have reliable transportation for
travel to trainings and meetings, as needed. CERTIFICATIONS
Required: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification
from the American Health Information Management Association
(AHIMA). TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.."
The State of California released a new order requiring all staff in
healthcare settings to be fully boostered by March 1, 2022.
Competitive Benefits: Join our TrueCare team and receive a superior
benefit package featuring flexible options to fit your lifestyle:
- Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with low
- Employer paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Supplemental Life and AD&D coverage at competitive group
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program for financial
planning, taxes and other life issues
- Education benefits to further your passion
- Retirement Savings Plan with discretionary employer match to
- National Health Corps. Loan repayment approved site At
Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors. Visit truecare.org to
learn more! Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro. Bienvenido!
TrueCare is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity
and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or
military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: TrueCare---, Oceanside , Health Info Dept Manager II, Executive , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!