Posted on: September 22, 2022
If you are using a screen reader and having difficulty, please
call 855-350-3800 If you want to work in an environment where you
can become your best possible self, join us! You'll earn more than
a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through
professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to
your overall health and wellness. Full suite of health insurance,
life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by
employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Variety of Associate Discounts This is an incentive based
position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply. Please note, Brookdale is
committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for setting objectives and delivering
results that have direct impact on the results within the area.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of a mid-size community.
Oversees a revenue of up to $25 Million.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all
staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government
agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates staff.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention
through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides
leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving
problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively
anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits.
Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property.
Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates associates in
accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions,
disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates
ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company
standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems
and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and
licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality
and best services to residents in the most economical manner
possible. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of
stability where the personal dignity of residents is supported.
Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes
active in social and civic affairs of the local community.
Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies,
professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate
- Utilizes sales and marketing activities and strategies to
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as
required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team
members and resident families.
- Oversees the resident admission process to assure required
documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the healthcare management of all residents in
accordance with company policy and state regulations. Oversees the
adherence to company policy regarding administration of medication.
Assists nursing personnel in staff training and ensures frequent
audits are performed on medication sheets.This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform
all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.QualificationsEducation and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Gerontology, Business or other
related field required. Minimum of three to five years related
experience required; or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Must have a valid administrator license in states where required.
Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle
for business use. California communities require three years of
experience, completion of approved certification program, and
completion of 20 CEU hours per year related to aging and/or
administration. Properties in Indiana are licensed residential care
facilities. The directors need to be licensed by the state of
Indiana as a health facilities administrator. If
administrators/executive directors are licensed in another state,
application for provisional license must be submitted by Brookdale
Senior Living, Inc.Management/Decision Making
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the
organization and the business in order to handle arising problems
and issues. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination,
and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food service,
housekeeping and maintenance units. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and
applicable laws.Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a
functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas
gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee
assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred.
Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks is
essential. Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate
individuals based on their skills, roles, and interests.
Demonstrates good judgment, strong problem solving and decision
making skills.Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: OccasionallyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace. Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
Keywords: Brookdale, Oceanside , Executive Director, Executive , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!