Director, Client Development
Company: Solecta, Inc.
Posted on: November 14, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Director, Client Development
Regular Full Time Sales Remote US, Oceanside, CA, US 30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1057 Position Title: Director, Client Development
Reporting Relationship: CEO Location: Oceanside, CA or Remote/near
major airport Company Overview Solecta plays a globally impactful
role in the development of novel and critical separation
technologies for high value process feed streams that directly
support the improvement of people's lives. Whether it be
advancements in the production of nutritionally sound food,
materials for everyday life, or mitigation of environmental
footprint, our team is driven to provide thoughtful and meaningful
leadership in advanced separations. With a deep focus on
understanding our clients' industries and applications, Solecta
strives to deliver superior value and agility to navigate today's
complex business environment. Solecta maintains manufacturing
facilities and an R&D center in Oceanside, CA., and commercial
offices in Minneapolis, Boston, and Chicago. Solecta is a wholly
owned subsidiary of True North Venture Partners. Position Summary
The Director of Client Development serves as a member of the
Solecta leadership team responsible for the execution of the sales
plan in accordance to company vision and strategy. In this
position, the Director of Client Development will work with leaders
and influencers -across -a -variety -of -companies -within -company
-defined -market -segments -and helping them solve unique and real
issues. -This role will report to CCO and work collaboratively with
Product Management, Applications Engineering and Operations
leadership to ensure financial goals are met while being
uncompromising to company values and culture of teamwork and
positivity. Essential Functions
- Develop -and -execute -sales -targets -at -all -stages -and
-orchestrate -compelling interactions with prospective and existing
- Develop -new -relationships -by -identifying -and -nurturing
-valuable -and -relevant leads.
- Cultivate -existing -client -relationships -and -evolve -them
-into -business -opportunities and client partnerships that ensure
a healthy pipeline for the company.
- Create long-term client partnerships by understanding clients'
needs and business -realities, -whether -clearly -expressed -or
-not, -identified -through a -genuine consultative and
problem-solving approach. -
- Partner -with -marketing -to -execute -strategy, -demand
-generation, -lead development and communication to drive sales
- Manage -a -sales -portfolio, -pipeline -metrics, -analytics,
-and -company -CRM, Salesforce.com.
- Remain -current -on -industry -and -market -trends -and
-developments, -while continuously learning about Solecta, its
vision, culture and people.
- Contribute -to -and -review -product -management -analysis -of
-new -product -channels or market segments that represent
meaningful potential opportunity for the company.
- Identify -critical -stakeholders -and -competitors -within
-these -channels/segments and characterize their strategic
- Recommend -the -best -way -to -participate -in -these
-channels/segments -- -consistent with overall company vision,
priorities, capabilities, and assets.
- Determine -customer -needs -and -characterize -the -value
-proposition -needed -to -win in the highest-priority
- Determine -how -best -to -support -these channels/segments -and
-deliver -the -winning value proposition.
- Interview, -hire, -coach, -motivate, -develop, -recognize -and
-manage -performance -of direct reports. Provide regular feedback
to all direct reports. Set performance objectives, support
development plans and monitor progress.
- Establish aggressive yet realistic plans to achieve the desired
sales plan objectives, -anticipate -risks, -and -have -contingency
-plans -to -manage -them.
- Participate -in -the -development -of -the -sales -annual
-operating -budget -and maintains expenses within the plan.
- Other duties as assigned. Position Qualifications
- Bachelor's -degree -in -science, -business -administration -or
-other -related -field; -MBA preferred.
- 10 -years -of -strategic -marketing, -business -development
-and/or -consulting experience required.
- 8+ -years -of -experience -in -company -providing -technical
-products -and/or -services is preferred.
- Clear, strategic thinking- proven ability to disaggregate
complex issues, to develop -a -framework -for -understanding -the
-critical -elements -of -the -problem, -and to generate and stand
behind recommendations that result from this analysis.
- Leadership -Presence- -the -ability -to -communicate
-effectively -with -senior members of the leadership team and board
- Experience -developing -an -annual -financial -plan -and
-budget -for -a -sales organization and maintaining compliance to
- Proven -track -record -of -interpersonal -skills -with -ability
-to cross-functionally interface with and positively influence
- Strong -leadership -skills, -independent -thinking, -proven
-organizational -and planning abilities, and excellent analytical
and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced -experience -and -competence -in -the -use -of -CRM
- Firm, -fair, -and -consistent -approach -to -company policy
-and -employee management.
- Ability -to -"get -the -job -done" -and -take -responsibility
-for -results -with -and -without direct authority.
- Ability -to -develop -strategic -relationships; -strong -verbal
-and -written communication skills; excellent presentation
- Thrives -in -a -fast-moving -environment. The salary range for
this position is $123,200 to $228,800. The actual salary offer will
carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills,
qualifications, job-related knowledge, experience and location.
Keywords: Solecta, Inc., Oceanside , Director, Client Development, Executive , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!