Registered Nurse - PRN
Company: Covenant Surgical Partners, Inc.
Posted on: April 2, 2021
- Opportunity.OpportunityDetail.PostedLabel : February 23, 2021
OpportunityDetail.CompanyInformation.Locations Oceanside, CA 92056,
Covenant Physician Partners is hiring a PRN Registered Nurse at
Center for Endoscopy located in Oceanside, CA. SHIFT: Shifts may
vary but typical hours are between 7 AM - 5 PM Monday thru Thursday
SUMMARY: Under general direction from Center Manager, the
Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care through
assessment, planning, treatment and evaluation of the patient. The
registered nurse is responsible for delivering safe, knowledgeable,
compassionate, educative and individualized nursing care to
patients and families. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:--
- Verifies that essential equipment is functioning properly each
- Performs patient preparation, including but not limited to:
review of medical history, acquisition of appropriate consents,
measuring vital signs, starting IV, administering medications, and
setting up appropriate monitors. Assists in relieving patient's
apprehension before and during administration of IV sedation or
- Assesses and monitors patients before, after and throughout all
phases of care, demonstrating competency with all monitoring
- Transports and positions patients as needed.
- Records and documents all vital signs and assembles and
maintains all related patient records.
- Maintains patient safety, and ensures a clean, orderly
environment throughout the Center.
- Assists physicians in all procedures.
- Addresses individual patient needs, and completes all pre and
post-op physician orders.
- Adheres to CDC Bodily Fluid precautions and infectious waste
disposal according to policy.
- Manages supply inventory, ordering and restocking supplies as
- Conducts pre and post-procedure orientation and instruction of
patient and/or patient's family, communicating a positive and
caring attitude. Provides verbal and written discharge
- Assists with post-procedure telephone interviews.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year--clinical experience in surgery or procedure healthcare
including demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique, working with
anesthetized patients, and other clinical situations found in a
surgical or procedural setting.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the legal and regulatory
environment impacting ASC's, and the applicable standards of the
AAAHC, The Joint Commission, and other regulatory bodies for
ambulatory surgery centers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians
and all medical professionals.
- Holds current RN license from the State of California.
- Current certification in CPR and, depending on Center policy,
- Critical Care, E.R., or recovery experience is desirable.
- Experience with endoscopy / GI is preferred but not required.
MORE ABOUT US: Covenant Physician Partners is a growing physician
services company, offering you the chance to be part of a
mission-driven organization that's advancing the field of
healthcare. With Covenant, you are part of something bigger.
Company culture and associate engagement inspire our work. Our
HEART values - Humility, Empathy, Accountability, Respect and
Teamwork - encompass who and how we are as a company, reflecting
our dedication to those we serve. Together, we're improving health.
We recognize that the commitment from the talented group of
professionals at our Nashville Service Center gives our physicians
and providers the opportunity to focus on providing high-quality
patient care. Our associates are truly the HEARTbeat of all that we
do. Covenant is the employer of choice for individuals who wish to
pursue their passion of making healthcare better. POSITION MAY ALSO
BE KNOWN AS: RN
Keywords: Covenant Surgical Partners, Inc., Oceanside , Registered Nurse - PRN, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!