Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN - Will Train - Up to $10K SIGN ON BONUS!
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: May 13, 2022
*PURPOSE AND SCOPE:*
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service
philosophy. - Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. -
Functions as the hemodialysis team leader in the provision of
chronic hemodialysis care and treatment. - Provides day to day
direction and supervision to assigned direct patient care staff. -
Communicates with the physician and other members of the healthcare
team to interpret, adjust, and complete patient care plans.
-Provides safe, effective delivery of patient care in compliance
with standards outlined in the facility procedure manual, as well
as regulations set forth by the company, state, and federal
*DUTIES / ACTIVITIES*
* Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer service standards.
* Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and
* Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective
and timely communication.
* Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
*PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES*
General and Staff Related:
* Provide day to day guidance, support and direction to direct
patient care staff, providing informal feedback on an ongoing basis
and formal feedback input for the annual performance evaluation. -
Participate in the department staffing and the appropriate hiring,
firing and disciplinary actions. Recommend disciplinary action to
Clinical Manager and initiate as appropriate.
* Ensure compliance with all company and facility approved
procedures and policies as well as regulations set forth by state
and federal agencies in clinics with more than 100 patients.
* Approve or disapprove time or personnel schedule changes in the
absence on the Clinical Manager ensuring compliance with applicable
regulations, policies and procedures for documenting time of work
hours for staff members on assigned shift. -
* Participate in patient care plan meetings. -
* Maintain knowledge in the current practices related to the
principles and techniques of dialysis by participating in all
scheduled in-services. -
* Train and orient staff as necessary.
* Routinely observe and guide direct patient care staff for
appropriate technique and adherence to facility policies and
* Promote and assist with compliance to OSHA programs in order to
maintain a safe and clean working environment. -
* Maintain overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and
effective matter. -
* With Clinical Manager conduct staff meetings at least monthly or
as needed to keep patient care staff informed of changes in patient
care needs or operations to improve delivery of care. -
* Meet routinely with the Clinical Manager to discuss personnel and
patient care status, issues, and information.
* Supervise all documentation of patient information.
* Coordinate Charge Nurse duties with Staff RNs acting in the
relief charge capacity. -
* Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute
patient care assignments appropriately. -
* Assume primary responsibility in an emergency situation. -
* Asses patient needs, respond to dialysis treatments, and
communicate concerns to rounding physician. - Implement changes in
patient care/treatment as directed. -
* Monitor and supervise all patient care activity during dialysis
and assist as necessary.
* Collaborate with direct patient care team in making decisions to
benefit patient care.
* Continuously monitor patient's condition with regards to problems
and potential complications associated with dialysis. -
* Administer medications to patients per physician's orders. -
* Act as the subject matter expert and as a resource for staff
* Supervise and participate in completion of short and long term
care plans. -
* Admit new patients according to facility procedure.
* Ensure educational needs of patients are met and educate the
patient and family about End Stage Renal Disease, dialysis therapy,
diet and medication. -
* Supervise the safe and effective use of all equipment involved in
direct patient care. -
* Operate all dialysis related and emergency equipment safely and
efficiently when needed.
* Perform required testing and verification and initial the
checklist for start-up and shut-down procedures as outlined in the
Technical Services Manual. -
* Complete Nurse's Technical Training Program/Water Quality
* Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned by the
* Assist with the interviewing of potential direct patient care
staff as requested.
* Promote efficient use of medical supplies. -
* Attend and participate in monthly Quality Assurance meetings.
* Other duties as assigned. -
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:*
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. - The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. - Travel to regional, Business
Unit, and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. - May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (R.N.)
* Must be registered and licensed to practice in the applicable
*EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:*
* Minimum of 9 months of nursing experience, plus 3 months of
specialized experience providing clinical nursing care to dialysis
patients, in either a chronic or acute setting.
* Medical/surgical nursing preferred.
* Supervisory or management experience preferred. -
* Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR
* Good communication skills - verbal and written. -
*EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity *
*Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Oceanside , Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN - Will Train - Up to $10K SIGN ON BONUS!, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!