Medical Assistant - NCSH Outpatient
Company: HEALTHRIGHT 360
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Overview North County Serenity House
Outpatient Program provides a gender responsive, trauma informed
approach to assist our participants in recovery, relationships and
relapse prevention. Our comprehensive program includes therapy,
psycho education classes, counseling groups, advocacy, onsite
daycare, homeless supportive services and exit planning. We believe
in individualizing participants' treatment based on their need and
what works best for them. Our hope for every woman is that they are
able to improve their quality of life, establish a support system
and develop healthy coping skills.The Medical Office Assistant
works in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary
team to ensure best possible treatment outcome for the Participant
and provide treatment in accordance with HealthRIGHT 360's
philosophy, goals, policies, mission, and vision. The Medical
Office Assistant has a high degree of self-awareness and the
ability to stay calm under pressure. Key Responsibilities Direct
- Works collaboratively with other members of the treatment team
and communicates any behavioral concerns to the Participant's Case
Manager, Mental Health Clinician, Counselor, Medical, and
- Coordinates with referral sources for warm hand offs to and
from the programs.
- Ensures Releases of Information (ROI) are obtained and on file
for all prescribing Providers of the participant.
- Consultations with prescribing providers on behalf of Addiction
Medicine Team (AMT).Documentation Responsibilities:
- Write and complete all progress notes within 72 hours of
- Maintains compliance with due dates for all clinical
- Documentation must be maintained in compliance with agency
policy and procedures, HIPAA, 42-CFR, and funder standards.
- Documents all client UA's using the UA form and a progress
- Completes same day incident reports.
- Ensures all medical documentation received from Participants is
uploaded into the electronic healthcare record and communicate to
appropriate staff.Administrative Responsibilities:
- Maintains supplies for urine and oral fluid drug testing and
ensures Chain of Custody for all positive tests.
- Collects, organizes, and reports results of daily urinalyses.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Education and
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three Years previous administrative experience with at least 2
years being in a medical office setting.
- Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and
- First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment.
- CPR Certified within 30 days of employment.
- Experience with healthcare Electronic Health Record
Systems.Background Clearance Required:
- Department of Justice background clearance Must not be on
parole or probation for a minimum of two years.In compliance with
the California Department of Public Health's mandate, all employees
must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and
religious exemptions are available.Tag: IND100
Keywords: HEALTHRIGHT 360, Oceanside , Medical Assistant - NCSH Outpatient, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!