Company: Tri-City Medical Center
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Tri-City Healthcare District has been serving the North County
region for almost 60 years and remains committed to providing high
quality healthcare and community services for every individual we
encounter regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the community
we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear and listen
to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical staff and
all community stakeholders in order to understand and meet our
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for coordinating and
scheduling surgical cases for physicians within the practice. The
person in this position works with practice patients, clinical
teams and business offices on accurately and completely preparing
the patient for surgeries. The Surgery Scheduler schedules patients
for surgery, pre-op, and reviews meds and health history as
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties,
responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform
the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner.
They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the
work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the
position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with
or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
* Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit based
safety and infection control requirements.
* Schedules patients for surgery and completes facility
* Arranges needed special equipment and arranges for assist when
* Performs surgery preauthorization
* Contacts patient direction directly with preferred date/confirms
* Schedules patients for follow-up appointments and tests
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Customer Service
* Uses a friendly voice, speaks clearly and understandably
* Provides information needed for surgery date and facility
* Strives for maximum patient satisfaction and mentioning on
Patient Satisfaction Report
* Uses effective communication techniques to engage the
* Practice Requirements
* Ensures that patient confidentiality is always protected, both
audible and visible.
* HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices is on display and given to all
new patients and then every three years
* Ensure compliance with all medical practice regulations, such as,
but not limited to HIPAA and OSHA
* Prefer one year of prior surgery scheduling experience in a
health care facility setting.
* Knowledge of Practice management and word processing
* Knowledge of surgical procedures desirable.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* High school diploma or GED, required.
* Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Business,
Medical Assisting or equivalent experience, preferred.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a
physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment
background checks before starting work.
To protect the health of patients and staff, and to comply with the
new State of California mandates, all job offers are contingent on
the successful engagement in the TCMC COVID-19 vaccination program
(fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Tri-City Medical Center, Oceanside , Surgery Scheduler, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!