Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist - Oceanside
Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Environmental, Health
& Safety Specialist - Oceanside JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in
1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers,
with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs,
produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and
exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium -windows and related
products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling
-of residential homes and non-residential buildings. - Our products
and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples'
workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great
responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable
and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty
and security to the spaces that touch our lives. We act with
integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on
our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented
individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in
their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a
collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a
dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression
opportunities. SUMMARY: The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Coordinator will coordinate the site environmental, health and
safety initiatives. They will assist site leadership with
establishing site specific policies and standards to ensure
compliance with regulatory and JELD-WEN Global EH&S
requirements, prevent injuries & illnesses, reduce workers'
compensation cost, and help create a strong EH&S culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying environmental, health & safety risks and hazards in
the workplace and implementing prevention programs.
- Advising site leaders and employees on how to minimize risks
and hazards in the workplace and improve environmental, health &
- Assisting the site in complying with applicable environmental,
health & safety requirements.
- Training site employees on environmental, health & safety
requirements and the EH&S management system.
- Assisting sites with implementing JELD-WEN EH&S programs,
policies & standards, and EH&S management system.
- Training line managers to recognize hazards and risks and
leading the line organization in identifying and controlling
hazards and risks.
- Conducting environmental, health & safety inspections in the
- Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills).
- Offering general environmental, health & safety advice to all
- Reporting injuries, illnesses and near misses to the corporate
environmental, health & safety department and business
- Establishing site specific EH&S reports and communicating
performance with the site leadership.
- Maintaining accurate EH&S records applicable for the site,
e.g., OSHA injury & illness logs, environmental permits and
testing, training documentation, equipment inspection records,
- Tracking environmental, health & safety inspection and audit
findings to closure.
- Assisting the plant manager with establishing and maintaining a
site environmental, health & safety council.
- Sharing environmental, health & safety lessons learned and
encourage a learning culture on environmental, health &
- Partnering closely with all site leaders to create, maintain
and improve our safety environment. QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS Safety Engineering, Safety Sciences, Engineering, or
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial
Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- 1-2 years of environmental, health & safety experience in a
- Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation,
project management skills are essential.
- Proficiency in LEAN and Continuous Improvement manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze safety & health data.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws. #LI-SA1 JELD-WEN is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race,
color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or any other classification protected by applicable
discrimination laws.Unless explicitly requested or approached by
JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from
headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Oceanside , Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist - Oceanside, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!