Occupational Medicine Opening in Oceanside, CA
Company: Summit Recruiting Group
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Occupational Medicine opening in Oceanside, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
**Occupational Medicine opening: Oceanside, CA**
Located 30m to San Diego, 20m to Orange County
- Full-time, permanent
- Physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services
designed to help reduce healthcare costs, while minimizing lost
work time and increasing employee productivity.
- To accomplish these goals, Health Group is outcome focused and
provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for
occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Group also designs modified work and rehabilitation programs to
enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
- Broader group has 30 providers and offers full benefits
- Clinic hours are 8-5 M-F with another mid-level that works 3
- Replace retiring physician
- Injury/Illness treatment and management of acute and chronic
conditions, and appropriately manage work restrictions.
- Understand / conduct / perform job evaluations, OSHA and Company
mandated surveillance exams, fitness for duty evaluations, return
to work evaluations, and post-offer /pre-placement and DOT
- Interpret audiograms and spirometry tests with knowledge of
hearing conservation and respiratory protection programs.
- Order labs, tests, x-rays, injections, referrals and prescribe
- Consult with other physicians on medical care of patients.
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to
the patient, Company, as well as other clinical staff and instruct
and educate patients about discharge instructions, if
- Create an individualized plan of care based on physical,
psychosocial and age specific assessments of the patient, as well
as patient input and history.
- Delegate work appropriately to other caregivers and ensure
accuracy of delegated work.
- Maintain an adequate patient flow on-site by directing and
assisting clinical staff.
- Maintain patient wait times and ensure a pleasant patient
- Ability to perform emergency intervention and stabilization, if
needed, in an emergency situation.
- Maintain quality assurance of charts and testing.
- Handle telephone calls about services rendered from company
accounts, patients, physicians, as well as other staff.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff, insurance
carriers and companies.
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use,
billing use, physicians review, etc.
- Serve as a resource person for other clinical staff.
- Knowledgeable about and apply ADA and GINA rules.
- Understand for cause drug screening programs.
- Participate in discussions regarding employee accommodation
requests under the ADA.
- Attend and participate in required provider meetings.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control
policies and protocols.
- Develops health care team by providing information, education
opportunities and growth opportunities.
- May supervise Physician Assistants to assure compliance of all
applicable regulations. If applicable, instruct and direct the
Physician Assistant in the Assistant's duties, oversee and check
their work and provide general direction to the Assistant.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and
advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
education workshops, reviewing professional publication(s),
establishing personal networks and participating in professional
- Ensure HIPPA compliance at all times.
- Compensation is competitive for physicians - 250k+ plus bonus
depending on hours, experience, and growth.
- Offer very competitive benefits including medical and cover -90%
of the employee contribution, dental, vision, and a 4% 401(k)
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree from an accredited
medical school required.
- Must possess current unrestricted medical licensure or the
ability to acquire licensure to practice medicine in
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain current, unrestricted
California drug control and federal DEA licenses.
- On-call participation may be required.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and
workplace health and safety concepts.
- Candidate will be familiar with DOT rules and regulations and be
certified to perform DOT exams.
- Minor surgery, Slit lamp, orthopedic and preliminary radiology
interpretation skills required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with EMR.
Keyphrases: occupational medicine jobs, occupational health nurse
jobs, occupational health jobs, occupational medicine specialist
Keywords: Summit Recruiting Group, Oceanside , Occupational Medicine Opening in Oceanside, CA, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!