Registered Nurse (RN) - Infusion - Oceanside, CA
Company: Matrix Providers
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family. Not
just leading the way, but leading the industry. Your success is our
business. Matrix Providers is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN)
Infusion to join our team of talented professionals who provide
health care services to our Military Service Members and their
families in Oceanside, CA.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This hourly position is paid at a rate from
$37.29 - $55.31.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, between 6:00 am - 6:00 pm for
an 8.5, 9, or 10.5-hour shift, which includes an uncompensated
30-minute or one-hour meal break, depending on the length of the
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive
insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan Requirements: The Registered Nurse (RN) must have
and meet the following:
- Degree: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and National
League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Experience: Five years of clinical experience in
Medical/Surgical Nursing and one year in Infusion Clinic/Pain
Management Specialty Nursing. Minimum of 6 months documented
experience in care, maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation,
and education of vascular access devices, including short
peripheral catheter, extended dwell short peripheral catheter,
midline catheter, mid-clavicular catheter, Peripherally Inserted
Central Catheter (PICC), tunneled catheter, implanted port
(port-a-cath), subclavian or jugular catheters are required.
- Certification in bio/chemotherapy administration is preferred
or must be willing to obtain within one year of the contract start
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter insertion qualification.
If not qualified, must be willing to obtain within six months of
contract start date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to
practice as a Registered Nurse. Duties- RN
- The HCWs shall provide services within the scope of their
competencies, the applicable duties provided in the primary
contract, and the following:
- Assess each patient and perform triage duties as assigned.
- Formulate and carry out a goal-directed plan of care based on
determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes, which is
prioritized according to patient needs and available resources,
including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of self-care given by all health
team members and the contribution of systems, environment, and
instrumentation in progressing patients toward outcomes.
- Provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient
- Perform assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic
manner, focusing on physiological, psychological, and cognitive
- Provide a safe and clean environment for each patient.
- Identify patient/significant other learning needs and implement
appropriate measures to meet identified needs.
- Assist in planning, provide clinical direction, and provide
instruction to LPNs/LVNs, nursing assistants, and ancillary
- Communicate with patients utilizing Secure Messaging to improve
communication and facilitate care through nontraditional
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of
healthcare professionals. Facilitate optimal outcomes regarding
clinical care, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice by all
established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the
- Perform physical exams and health histories.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other
- Provide technical direction and clinical supervision of care by
other healthcare professionals.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the
scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people to
inform the healthcare team of plans/actions for teaching/education
to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as
- Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient
- Contractor personnel shall perform a full range of duties
consistent with their labor category, education, training,
experience, clinical privileges (as applicable), and assigned
position. General duties for all personnel or across specific labor
categories are given below.
- Maintain a productivity level comparable to that of other
individuals performing similar services.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential
problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify the
supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems
the HCW cannot manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care and strive to manage situations in a reduced-risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy
Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be
limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and
reporting. Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see To learn more
about our Benefits Packages, please see Matrix Providers endeavors
to make accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us
regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please get in touch with our
Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-, TTY LINE, . This contact information
is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire
about the status of applications.
Keywords: Matrix Providers, Oceanside , Registered Nurse (RN) - Infusion - Oceanside, CA, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...