Posted on: September 9, 2023
Hospital Name: Veterinary Urgent Care - Oceanside
Job Type: Support Staff
Employment Type: Permanent
Description & Requirements
Ethos Urgent Care in Oceanside, CA is now hiring a talented and
experienced Veterinary Assistant!
About Ethos Urgent Care Center: Ethos is committed to providing a
gold standard in veterinary medicine. We are excited to announce
the opening of Ethos Urgent Care in veterinary medicine. Our
nursing staff are an integral part of providing the highest level
of care. We strive to bring together hard working, caring and
intelligent people who love to serve and help the community.
Benefits of Working with Ethos:
- Highly competitive and comparable wages based on experience and
skill set. $18-22/hr
- Partnership with Purdue VT program/scholarships
- Competitive Vet Assistant and RVT CE allowance annually
- VetBloom access: Race approved continuing education, training
and curriculum library
- License application and renewal reimbursement for RVT's
- 75% Employee Pet discount
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability
and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee
Assistance Program, 3 weeks accrued paid time off, CE, uniform
allowance. About the Job: As a Veterinary Assistant in the Urgent
Care you will be responsible for:
- Triaging patients
- Must be skilled in catheter placement and venipuncture.
- Obtaining and reporting vitals, prioritizing patient treatments
and delegating tasks if needed
- Recognize changes in patient status and report to doctor
- Utilizing different imaging modalities (radiographs,
- Administer and monitor patients for anesthetic/sedation
- Serve as intermediary between doctor and client for
- Collect and summarize detailed histories regarding patients
that present through emergency room following triage with Emergency
- Create and present treatment plans to client
- Communicate between doctors and technicians what treatments
(blood draws, procedures, etc.) need to be done.
- Assist doctor with patient related tasks through entirety of
- Assist with collecting deposits.
- Manage consent forms with client.
- Document conversations between clients and the attending
- Handle miscellaneous prescriptions requests, client callbacks,
lab work entries etc. About You:
- 1-3 years experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; candidates from
vocational co-op programs also considered
- Ability to read, write, and speak English is required
- Knowledge and practical application of basic arithmetic,
including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is
Keywords: NVA, Oceanside , Veterinary Assistant, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!