Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Oceanside, CA
Company: Matrix Providers
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family. Not
just leading the way, but leading the industry. Your success is our
business. Matrix Providers is hiring a Licensed Clinical Social
Worker (LCSW) to join our team of talented professionals who
provide health care services to our Military Service Members and
their families in Oceanside, CA.
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Compensation: This is a salaried position at a rate of $53.51
- Schedule: Monday through Friday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm for
8.5, 9 or 10.5 hours shift, including a 30-minute or 1-hour
uncompensated meal break depending on shift length. Scheduled and
directed by the unit supervisor.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive
insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan Requirements: The Licensed Clinical Social Worker
must have and meet the following:
- Degree: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Education: Graduate from a School of Social Work fully
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Experience: As required to meet clinical competency
requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to
practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Job Summary:
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other
Government agencies for services.
- Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of
patients and their family members and formulate and implement a
treatment plan, identifying the patient's problems, strengths,
weaknesses, coping skills, and assistance needed in collaboration
with the patient, family, and interdisciplinary treatment
- Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide
psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from
various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational, and other
- Use medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities, and
treatment procedures. This includes acute, chronic, and traumatic
illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects/side
effects, and medical terminology.
- Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals,
families, and groups experiencing various psychiatric, medical, and
social problems to achieve treatment goals.
- Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services
to individuals, groups, couples, and families. Must practice within
the bounds of the license or certification.
- Provide consultation services to other staff about the
psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial
problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Participate in professional peer review case conferences,
research studies, or other organizations required at the MTF.
- Deliver brief, consultation-based services to patients and PCMs
using an integrated care model. Services provided are standard and
mimic the structure, function, and pace of primary care (i.e.,
psychotherapy or other specialty care psychological assessments are
inappropriate and therefore prohibited). The PCM is ultimately
responsible for the patient's health care plan and makes the
determination of how the HCW's recommendations might be integrated
into the PCM's plan for the patient.
- Provide timely and succinct feedback to primary care physicians
regarding consultation findings and recommendations.
- Determine the appropriateness of the patient receiving services
in the primary care setting and assist with implementing treatment
- Formulate behavioral health interventions appropriate to the
primary care setting and assist with implementing treatment
- Provide brief follow-ups, including relapse-prevention
- Develop, teach, and provide clinical guidance BHIP for classes
that promote education and skill-building to enhance psychological
and physical health.
- See approximately 8-14 patients a day. Provide concise
documentation of care and recommendations in the patient's medical
record in no less than 24 hours after the patient is seen.
- Participate in group medical appointments, including Shared
Medical Appointments (SMA) and Drop-in Group Medical Appointments
(DIGMA) as requested by the PCM.
- Provide technical direction and clinical insight into relevant
projects being conducted at the site of service.
- Training requirement.
- HCW must successfully complete the Tri-Service Internal
Behavioral Health Consultant (IBHC) training course within 60 days
of performance under the task order. In addition, the HCW must meet
the passing criteria for IBHC core competencies (i.e., scores a
minimum of 3 out of 5 on DoD Core Competency Skills Form) as
determined by a government expert trainer. Matrix Providers is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy
Statement, please see To learn more about our Benefits Packages,
please see Matrix Providers endeavors to make accessible to all
users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility
of our website or need assistance completing the application
process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number,
1-, TTY LINE, . This contact information is for accommodation
requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of
Keywords: Matrix Providers, Oceanside , Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Oceanside, CA, Healthcare , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!