Material Coordinator - Mobility Customer Service
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Rail systems must do one thing above all: Run. With modern
maintenance solutions - from diagnostics to data-based action
recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to
strategically planned modernization - we ensure your systems'
highest reliability and availability: 100% Reliability. Good
service means we are there for our partners and customers when they
need us - and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what
we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers
move the world!
We are looking for a Material Coordinator to add to our Mobility
Customer Service - NCTD Coaster Team. The right person will be
highly organized, have great attention to detail, and have
excellent communication and follow-up skills. You will assist in
process development and maintenance, continuous improvement
activities, and operations support. We're looking for demonstrated
success in a fast-paced, fluid environment while ensuring that
project initiatives are met. You will routinely assist the
engineering and planning group in material-related issues and
perform warehouse activities at the project site.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Overall material planning to include managing system stocking
levels to ensure required material is on hand when required for all
- Assist with material identification/validation for maintenance.
Prepares and pre-kits material as needed and stages material for
upcoming maintenance events
- Manage transportation budget and costs for the project.
- Unloads, receives, verifies, and counts material delivered to
the warehouse. Packs and ships material back to vendors for repair
- Uses small hand tools and may operate material handling
equipment, including forklifts and hand jacks (may require
- Coordinate with internal Material Planner and our Central
Warehouse for the continued flow of standard fulfillment, emergency
material needs, and other material/logistics requirements
- Manage performance metrics for stores, including but not
limited to the impact of material available on fleet
- Ensure that defective core material is processed timely,
support Maintenance Planners for material support issues. Will work
across functions to ensure cycle time of return inventory is
performed at each process handoff
- Manage inventory cycle count activities at all locations,
working with customer's labor to perform.
- Communicate shipment progress/movement and other
equipment-related matters consistently and promptly. Maintain
shipping policies and procedures. Required Knowledge/Skills,
Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience in logistics coordination
and material management experience.
- ERP and MRP system knowledge and experience
- Strong experience in MS Office applications (Excel, Access,
PPT, Word, Teams, Power BI, etc.)
- Approx. 5% local travel between sites Preferred
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- The preferred candidate will have experience in the railway
industry or corresponding experience in a related field.
- Experience in managing conflicting metrics such as
transportation cost and material availability, for example
- Familiarity with LEAN and Six Sigma concepts Why you'll love
working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
passionate about access to education, access to technology,
sustaining communities, and positively impacting the
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement
program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - Just named on the Forbes
2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!While we appreciate all
applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration
will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Oceanside , Material Coordinator - Mobility Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!