Technical Document Specialist
Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
The Senior Technical Services position has overall responsibility
for development of a high-quality technical document portfolio
primarily for post-sale support of LaCantina products. This
position is responsible for the research, content development,
editing and visual content of window and door product
documentation. Typical technical documents include but are not
limited to installation instructions, product guides, service
supplements, and other customer and consumer product education
materials. The Technical Specialist may also lead various special
projects as assigned. This person will be an integral part of the
Product Develop Department in support of process improvement in
support of documentation, and company document controls. This
position reports to the Technical Service Manager in the Product
Associate Employees To This Position
- Technical Services Specialists Person 1
- Technical Services Specialists Person 2
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- This position requires little training and supervision by
Technical Services Manager.
- Maintain all Quality Management System (QMS) documents,
changes, revisions, and document change requests.
- Initial point of contact for all incoming communications from
Customer Service, Quality, Manufacturing and Sales.
- Control, track, archive, retrieve, store and reproduce
documentation and records in support of compliance inspections and
- Coordinate content provided by other groups, validate this
information, and develop appropriate documentation to meet the
needs of the intended audience.
- Manage and facilitates cross-functional team communications in
regards requests for new documents, revisions, cancellations and
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions
for improving work.
- Provide technical assistance for all product development
projects by generating, editing and reviewing work instructions,
associated drawings, pictures and illustrations for various
processes and applications.
- Quality check work and assist with training Technical Services
Specialist 1 and 2.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to
- Timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to
all appropriate users.
- Prepare, check, release, and track both electronic and physical
change order packets and documentation.
- Write, produce, check, edit & release of SOP'S, Work
Instructions and reports.
- Support engineering personnel on as needed basis.
- Must be able to read and understand technical drawings to m eet
productivity standards and completes work in timely manner .
- Document current and new processes as well as being involved
with expediting document requests by various groups.
- Product Data Management (PDM)/Product Data Library (PDL)
- Other Duties may be assigned in support of department or
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company
will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Oceanside , Technical Document Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!