Sr Software Developer/Technical lead - Legal (Remote eligible US/CAN)
Company: Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Note: Remote eligible for exceptional candidates in US and
Canada (where there is a Genentech/Roche office).
The technical lead role is a techno-functional strategic role
focused on helping business stakeholders make technology choices
and delivering value from those choices. This role reports to the
Chapter Section Lead for Architecture and Emerging Technologies
supporting the Workplace and Employee Experience Team. The
Workplace and Employee Experience Team is responsible to support
Corporate Functions (Legal,People and Culture, Site Services, Corp
Relations etc.) at Genentech, deliver End User Technology (Devices,
Software Deployment etc.) and provide a smooth employee experience
As a Technical Lead you will:
* Understand business drivers and processes.
* Understand the existing landscape and provide suggestions or
solutions for modifications to systems to improve efficiency, and
reduce total cost of ownership.
* Apply current technology, tools and techniques toward solving
* Solutions may involve design, implementation, debugging,
performance tuning, documentation, validation, and support.
* Identify risks and dependencies and work on mitigation plans.
* Maintain up-to-date expertise with industry trends and current
technology. Perform research to obtain specifications, pricing and
other purchase related information needed to guide in the selection
of software and equipment.
* Design effective technical solutions and develop it efficiently
to incorporate new technologies into existing IT systems.
* Develop, configure, enhance, integrate and/or support software
computer systems, business applications, data management systems,
and/or other programmable or configurable software components.
* Work with limited supervision and some guidance on new projects
* Interface with Senior Software Developers, Architects, product
owners, Operations leads, Project managers/scrum masters etc.
* Collaborate with teams across different regions to implement
* Liaise with cross-functional teams, Business Partners, and IT
Partners to build on established partnerships, review requirements,
and collaborate on initiatives.
* May need to oversee and lead the work of other contract software
* Willingness to learn and adapt to new software programs
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple tasks
with tight timelines.
* Ability to prioritize and manage numerous initiatives
* Any other duties as required or assigned.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant
* 5 - 7 years of overall cross functional experience IT experience
* Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS.
* Implementation experience with Productivity, Collaboration and
Workflow management solutions.
* Excellent knowledge of data analysis, BI Tools and OLAP and OLTP
* Functional knowledge of knowledge management software and
processes such as tagging, cataloging and advanced search etc.
* Implementing digital office technologies for collaboration,
* Knowledge of website security, OWSAP vulnerabilities and best
* Experience with API based integration and security (SOAP and
RestFul) - Mulesoft preferred.
* Experience with Cloudflare, Gsuite Integrations (gCal, Gdrive) is
* Experience implementing authentication with SAML, Single Sign On,
* Knowledge of SaaS implementation and integration especially in
the legal space such as Onit, iManage etc.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
For Colorado-based applicants, the expected salary range for this
position is 114,450.00 - 212,550.00. Actual pay will be determined
based on experience, qualifications, and other job-related factors
permitted by law. A discretionary annual bonus may be available
based on individual and Company performance. This position also
qualifies for the benefits listed below.
Roche offers highly competitive benefit plans and programs,
including: Medical, dental and vision insurance 401(k) and 401(k)
matching Paid time off Roche Long Term Incentive Plan (available at
certain position levels)
Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of
the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human
genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and
life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the
market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this
opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our
employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining
a great place to work.
Unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation under applicable law,
employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in
accordance with customer requirements, the company's health and
safety obligations and/or applicable law or guidelines.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of
our company and our impact on society. We believe that by
championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can
foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every
employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best
for the patients we serve. We're focused on attracting, retaining,
developing and advancing our people to their full potential by
rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors
into every aspect of our work.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the
increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. For
more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our
Genentech Careers Homepage.
Keywords: Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Oceanside , Sr Software Developer/Technical lead - Legal (Remote eligible US/CAN), Legal , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!