Sr. Research Associate I, Process Development (Upstream) Oceanside, CA.
Company: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Sr. Research Associate I, Process Development (Upstream)
Oceanside, CA. Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open
roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some
roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming
weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to
bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of
-- For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors: Sr. Research
Associate I - Cell Line and Upstream Development, Oceanside CA.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company
founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to
patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the
workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing
the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more
fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where
you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every
individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their
skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has
resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of
thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and
unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are
available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining
Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs
and improve life by advancing the care of patients with
life-threatening diseases. Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a
Sr. Research Associate I in our Cell Culture/Cell Line and Upstream
Development group at our Oceanside facility in Southern California.
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to
execute experiments to support cell culture process development for
recombinant protein, and novel platform programs. Activities will
include clone selection, shake flask and bioreactor experiments,
spent media analysis, process optimization, characterization
studies, manufacturing and technology transfer support and lab
equipment maintenance. The successful candidate will contribute to
experimental execution, data analysis and interpretation, and
presentation of results in group meetings.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills for Position:
- Hands-on laboratory operations such as shake flask, bench scale
bioreactor, and pilot scale cultures as well as novel culture
- Collaborate with technical operations and biologics production
teams to transfer process to and support pilot scale and clinical
manufacturing upstream operations.
- Contribute to written technical reports, present in group
meetings, and work cross-functionally to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication, technical report writing, and
presentation skills and aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Basic understanding of GMP manufacturing and large-scale
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in statistics and data analysis (e.g. JMP,
- Working knowledge of Matlab or similar programming language is
- Familiarity with SQL databases is a plus Essential Duties and
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support Process
Development activities and project goals.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques
and proactively seeks out senior personnel to discuss potential
solutions to problems.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work,
interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material
and nature of work.
- Demonstrates good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent
results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Develops skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate
quality of data.
- Contributes to data management maintenance
- Management of cell culture consumable supply inventory and
preventive maintenance/ calibration of lab equipment. Support
routine lab equipment maintenance.
- Works with collaborative communication and problem-solving
- Always works with safety in mind. Knowledge, Experience and
- 2+ years of experience with BS degree in a relevant scientific
- 0+ years of experience with MS degree in a relevant scientific
discipline. Preferred Training and Experience:
- Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology,
Bioinformatic, Data Science or a related scientific
- Must be able to work effectively in cross-functional
- Must demonstrate excellent technical writing skills.
For jobs in the United States: As an equal opportunity employer,
Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce.
Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be
made without discrimination based on race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or
mental disability,--genetic information or characteristic, gender
identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related
characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable
federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable
accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment
Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of
1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application
process may contact-- firstname.lastname@example.org-- for assistance. For more
information about equal employment opportunity protections, please
view the--'EEO is the Law' --poster. Our environment respects
individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral
member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and
celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team. Gilead
provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited
conduct. We promote and support individual differences and
diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers,
develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet
medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug
candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with
life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic
areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and
inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in
a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent
community Suggested Jobs Sr. Research Scientist I (Upstream)
Process Development - Oceanside, CA Sr. Research Associate II,
Method Development, Oceanside, CA Sr. Research Scientist I,
Biologics Formulation Process Development, Oceanside CA Senior
Research Scientist I (Associate Director Level); Downstream Process
Development, Oceanside CA
Keywords: Gilead Sciences, Inc., Oceanside , Sr. Research Associate I, Process Development (Upstream) Oceanside, CA., Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!