Sr. Associate Scientist, Analytical Operations, Oceanside, CA
Company: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Sr. Associate Scientist, Analytical Operations, Oceanside, CA
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our
interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be
asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing
employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our
-- For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors: Sr. Associate
Scientist, Biologics Analytical Development Gilead Sciences, Inc.
is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987.
Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With
the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you
will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping
millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our
worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible
results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and
everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing
development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products
that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of
strong late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access
programs to ensure medications are available to those who could
otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our
mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by
advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. The
successful candidate will possess a detailed understanding of
proteins and/or glycosylation. The candidate must be highly
motivated to contribute to the research and development of
biologics targeting unmet medical need through biochemical
characterization and novel method development supporting clinical
and commercial programs. Experience in several of the following
fields is strongly desired: analytical chemistry, biochemistry,
biological mass spectrometry, high performance or ultra-performance
liquid chromatography, electrophoretic separations, enzymology,
statistics, chemical and biophysical structural elucidation, and
bioinformatics. Teamwork, critical thinking, and the ability to
convey complex and nuanced concepts to interdisciplinary teams are
required. Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Contributes to analytical method development and qualification
for protein characterization activities.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity and
independent thought in experimental design and strategy.
- Works as a team member to characterize molecules, degradation
pathways, and define critical quality attributes.
- Participates in comparability studies.
- Coordinates analysis of in-process samples and product related
impurities as needed.
- Works in a matrixed environment and effectively communicate of
ideas, results and problems.
- Conceives of experiments and proactively troubleshoots
- Identifies areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Participates in method transfer to QC and external CRO/CMO
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies
appropriately to projects.
- Represents the company at national/international
- Manages multiple projects and ensures analytical deliverables
are met within timelines.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the
development of drug candidates.
- Works in collaboration with more junior and more senior
scientists to advance state-of-the-art techniques.
- Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of
situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables,
requiring regular use of intelligence, logic, ingenuity, and
- Initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation,
considering economic, regulatory and safety factors.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws
conclusions within the context of the work.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work
independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of
problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
are required. Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in the analytical chemistry,
biochemistry, pharmacology or a related discipline from an
- Bachelor's degree will possess 11+ years of relevant
biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience.
- Master's degree will possess 9+ relevant biotech/pharmaceutical
- Well qualified candidates with differing levels of experience
are also encouraged to apply and may be considered for other
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and
interpersonal skills are required.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods,
techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent
results and interpret outcomes.
- Strong knowledge in assay development and troubleshooting.
- Experience performing a variety of experiments that support
protein analysis in various disciplines. Includes operating
equipment, selecting appropriate methods and techniques, analyzing
data and preparing related reports/presentations.
For jobs in the United States: As an equal opportunity employer,
Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce.
Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be
made without discrimination based on race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or
mental disability,--genetic information or characteristic, gender
identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related
characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable
federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable
accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment
Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of
1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application
process may contact-- firstname.lastname@example.org-- for assistance. For more
information about equal employment opportunity protections, please
view the--'EEO is the Law' --poster. Our environment respects
individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral
member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and
celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team. Gilead
provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited
conduct. We promote and support individual differences and
diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers,
develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet
medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug
candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with
life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic
areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and
inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in
a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent
community Suggested Jobs Sr. Research Associate, Biologics
Analytical Operations, Oceanside CA Associate Scientist, Biologics
Analytical Operations, (Bioassay) Oceanside, CA Sr. Associate
Scientist (Biologics Drug Product Development)) Associate
Scientist, QC PDM Associate Scientist, FPD
Keywords: Gilead Sciences, Inc., Oceanside , Sr. Associate Scientist, Analytical Operations, Oceanside, CA, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!