Company: The Arora Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Currently recruiting a Dental Assistant in Oceanside,
California to provide dental care to active duty military
members and their families at the to work at the Naval Dental
Center Camp Pendleton. 40 hrs per week, Mon - Fri, between 6: 00AM
- 5: 00PM. The Dental Assistant will receive 17 days of paid
vacation, 10 federal holidays, and full benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
DUTIES OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
- Must possess at least one of the following:
- Certificate or Associate Degree as a dental
assistant/technician from a state accredited program and 12 months
experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a military dental technician or dental
assistant " A" school and 12 months experience within the preceding
- Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12
months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a Military Red Cross Dental Assistant course
within the preceding 6 months.
- 36 months experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental
assistant in a private practice or a military clinic.
- Membership in good standing with the American Association of
Dental Assistants with required continuing education and 12 months
experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Graduation from a state accredited program for dental
assistants or dental technology within the preceding 12
- Provide two letters of recommendation, from either practicing
dentists or faculty members where the dental assistant received
his/her dental assistant training. Letters must have been written
within the preceding three years.
- Possess certification or permit for use of dental X-ray
equipment. Completion of a military dental technician or dental
assistant " A" school will fulfill this requirement. Similarly,
Dental Assistant program transcripts documenting dental X-ray
training will also suffice
- Each healthcare worker shall possess and maintain current
certification in either the American Heart Association Basic Life
Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart
Association Healthcare Provider Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OF THE DENTAL ASSISTANT:
- Provide for the examination, treatment, and disposition of
patients compatible with the Dental Treatment Facility' s operating
capacity and equipment;
- Become familiar with and follow standardized (Navy) concepts of
Phased Dentistry and Managed Care.
- Be responsible for a full range of dental assisting procedures
in support of Dental Officer examinations and delivery of treatment
under the " four handed dentistry" format within the personnel and
equipment capabilities and limitations of the Dental Treatment
Facility. The Dental Assistant shall aid in the provision of
mandated dental surveillance and preventive services and assist in
ensuring the quality and timeliness of treatment records and
reports required to document procedures performed and care
- Workload occurs as a result of scheduled and unscheduled
requirements for care. The Dental Assistant' s actual clinical
performance will be a function of the overall demand for dental
- Provide oral prophylaxis, preventive dentistry procedures and
non-surgical periodontal therapy to active duty military
- Maintain patient records in accordance with Joint Commission
and Dental Treatment Facility (DTF) requirements.
- Select and arrange instruments and prepare set-ups for patient
treatment, assist during patient examination and treatment and
administration of anesthesia. Assist in placement and removal of
- Prepare restorative and impression materials.
- Dispose of contaminated waste in accordance with the standard
procedures of the DTF.
- Place digital film sensors, expose digital radiographs and
execute computer processing of the digital x-ray image. Expose
bitewing, periapical, panoramic, and occlusal film utilizing
bisecting angle or paralleling radiographic techniques.
- Instruct on basic oral hygiene care.
- Maintain operatory to meet the clinic' s cleanliness and
infection control standards.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
- Competitive starting salary
- 17 days paid vacation per year!
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Health & Welfare benefit contributes toward health insurance
and short- and long-term disability
- Dental & Vision plans, 401(K)
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified
nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has
provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country
in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class
care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve
their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active
duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: The Arora Group, Inc., Oceanside , Dental Assistant, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!