Company: LKQ Corp
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Education & Experience:
- One year of commercial driving and warehouse related
experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties,
nature of work performed, procedures and work methods.
- Accredited commercial driving school certificate can be
substituted for experience.
- Forklift certified, beneficial.
- Must be fully DOT qualified, possess a valid driver's license
with the proper endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle of at
least 10,001 lbs or greater, and have an acceptable driving
- Must meet the Department of Transportation's testing and
- Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the state minimum age
requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.
Must be able to apply knowledge of commercial driving
and area roads.
Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work
Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including
Must be familiar with the company's products, and warehouse
methods, techniques and procedures.
Machines and Equipment:
- Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart,
ladder, Company vehicle, personal computer and telephone.
- This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their
feet except when operating machinery, or Company vehicle.
- Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid
- They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push,
pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds
- They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand
heights of more than 15 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office
- Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels, and
occasional inclement driving conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some
college coursework is desired.
Decision Making Examples:
- Ensure truck is always operated in a safe manner
- Ensure safety of loading and unloading truck
- Verifies condition of truck, assess for any needed repairs
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Keywords: LKQ Corp, Oceanside , CDL Driver, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!