Medical Assistant - Front And Back Office
Company: Tri-City Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Tri-City Healthcare District has been serving the North County
region for almost 60 years and remains committed to providing high
quality healthcare and community services for every individual we
encounter regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the
community we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear
and listen to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical
staff and all community stakeholders in order to understand and
meet our community's needs.
The Medical Assistant - Front and Back Office performs a variety
of clinical and clerical responsibilities to assist care providers
in examination and treatment of patients. Enters pertinent
information into patient charts, and performs related clerical
tasks. Responsible for assisting the physician with all aspects of
patient care including: rooming patients, taking vitals, and
documenting patient histories. This position is responsible for
accurately registering patients at time of check in and scheduling
patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner, and for
providing outstanding customer service.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties,
responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform
the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner.
They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the
work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the
position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with
or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit
based safety and infection control requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide a high level of customer
service and to work with patients of all ages with diverse social,
economic, and ethnic backgrounds while maintaining confidentiality
at all times.
- Collects vital signs and patient history, collects specimens
and performs basic laboratory tests, as directed by physician in
addition to other clinical tasks.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, and
following company standards and policies.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with setup and cleanup of office procedures; equipment
sterilization; medication administration; accurate documentation in
electronic health record and medical supply inventory
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them
instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving
injections, removing sutures, changing dressing on wounds.
- Operate electrocardiogram (EKG) or other equipment to
administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or
physicians' instructions to patients.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients
for tests or admission.
- Responsible for accurately and timely scheduling patient
appointments with the appropriate information obtained.
- Interviews patient or patients' representative to obtain
necessary personal, financial, and demographic information.
- Prepares patient record and inputs into computer. Obtains all
pertinent signatures, insurance information, and financial data to
protect the clinic's financial reimbursement.
- Answers telephone calls and routine inquires.
- Collects and applies co-payments, deductibles, and other
payments as needed. Balances daily payment sheets.
- Processes and documents all calls through the computer system
per policy and procedure.
- Communicates information in a clear and concise and
professional manner at all times.
- Meets internal and external customer service expectations.
- Promotes departmental and clinic continuous quality and
- Adheres to all medical practice policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- One to two years of experience as a medical assistant in a
- One to two years of experience scheduling appointments in a
medical clinic environment or hospital, preferred.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and Microsoft Office applications which may include
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, required.
- Excellent, professional and interpersonal skills and the
ability to interact well with diverse groups of people,
- Maintains utmost confidentiality, required.
- Knowledge of medical procedures and basic medical terminology,
- Experience with electronic health records, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, required.
- High School diploma or GED, required.
- Medical Assistant training and/or certificate required within 6
months of hire.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a
physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment
background checks before starting work.
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Tri-City Medical Center, Oceanside , Medical Assistant - Front And Back Office, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!