Maintenance Tech II
Company: Sage Hospitality
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SpringHill Suites by Marriot is
located in downtown Oceanside. Honoring fun, hip and community, we
have a keen attention to detail and pride ourselves on being
unrivaled hosts to guests from all reaches.
Carry a portable radio, staying in constant
communication with the central base station, respond to all
engineering service calls, giving priority to guest requests, and
maintain hotel equipment in an efficient, safe, accident-free
manner. Perform all essential functions of Maintenance Technician 1
plus special skills in a particular trade: plumbing, electrical,
carpentry, HVAC in an efficient, safe, accident-free manner.
- Perform maintenance and repairs in specialized areas such as
plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC.
- Perform all essential functions of a Maintenance Technician
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient,
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs and all
hotel equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing,
pool, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms.
- Monitor and maintain all engineering functions when full
engineering staff is not available (i.e. weekends and
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb
threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas.
- Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter
readings and maintain log to notify the next shift. Document all
parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Handle elevator breakdowns.
- Maintain proper records of the Rooms Preventive Maintenance
Program and the Request Program.
- Complete work order request forms on a daily and timely
- Report any unsafe conditions to leadership.
High school diploma, plus two years or its
equivalent in trade school or training in building
Minimum four years experience in
mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry or building
- Must have basic working knowledge in the following areas:
general plumbing, refrigeration, air conditioning, electrical
systems, boilers, bathroom fixtures, and tiling painting -prep to
finish basic carpentry groundskeeping.
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read written communiques, LED read-outs,
meters, and computer screens.
- Must be able to pull levers and rotate knobs, work with arms
raised above head and to handle and assemble small parts using
basic hand and power tools.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written
instructions, communicate both verbally and in writing, utilize
analytical thought processes, understand verbal/written technical
and mechanical instruction, and be highly organized.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and courteously with
employees, guests and contractors in writing, via telephone and in
- Must be able to lift 75lbs. throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to crawl into and through small spaces, climb
ladders, support and carry loads of 75lbs.
- May be required to drive.
Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme
variance of hot and cold temperatures. Outside exposure to all
weather elements and extreme fluctuations of temperature. Prolonged
standing, walking, bending, reaching, and heavy lifting.
Keywords: Sage Hospitality, Oceanside , Maintenance Tech II, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!