OB Tech II
Company: Tri-City Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Tri-City Healthcare District has been serving the North County
region for almost 60 years and remains committed to providing high
quality healthcare and community services for every individual we
encounter regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the
community we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear
and listen to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical
staff and all community stakeholders in order to understand and
meet our community's needs.
The staff Obstetric Technician (OB Tech) at Tri-City Medical
Center (TCMC) is a paraprofessional caregiver within Maternal-Child
Health (MCH) Services.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties,
responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform
the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner.
They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the
work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the
position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with
or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit
based safety and infection control requirements.
- The responsibilities of the OB Tech include preparing the
Obstetric Operating Room (OBOR), assisting the surgeon in a scrub
role for Surgical Procedures eg. Cesarean Sections, Tubal
Ligations, Cerclage, Hysterectomy, and D&C.
- The OB Tech is able to function as an assistant to the surgeon
when necessary until another physician is available.
- Maintains knowledge of location of supplies and is responsible
for inspection/cleaning of all vaginal and surgical instruments
ensuring proper sterilization and effectiveness.
- Responsible for ordering instruments as necessary to maintain
- Is responsible for updating and maintaining physician
preference cards and sutures for vaginal and surgical
- Is responsible for set-up and clean-up of surgical suites (OB
OR's) and Labor & Delivery rooms including restocking of supplies
and maintaining safety equipment.
- Maintains utility and equipment areas including but not limited
to warmers, autoclaves, patient care areas.
- Assists with vaginal deliveries by setting up delivery tables,
assisting the RN and OB as directed.
- Is responsible for taking blood draws and specimens to lab and
preparing lab draw kits for admissions.
- Assists with transfer of patients/transporting from ED to
- Is responsible for basic patient care including vital signs
both adult and infant, pericare, linen changes, and assisting
mothers as directed by the RN.
- Assists pediatricians with circumcisions including room set-up,
verification of consents and clean-up.
- Assists with the delivery of care for the patients experiencing
the birth of a child under the direct supervision of the RN and is
aware and sensitive to the patients' rights as identified within
- 3-5 year experience at a high census (200-300 deliveries per
month) L&D setting including surgical expertise, required.
- Experience in training/orienting new staff to L&D area
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of OR Tech training program, preferred.
- National Certification as Surgical Tech and/or Sterile
Processing Tech desirable.
- Current BLS certification, required upon hire; American Heart
Association Healthcare Provider.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a
physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment
background checks before starting work.
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Tri-City Medical Center, Oceanside , OB Tech II, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!