The Assistant Manager supervises restaurant staff and daily
operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation,
cleanliness and inventory control standards are maintained.
Schedules and supervises staff. Maintains standards of restaurant
safety and security. Exceptional customer service is a major
component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all tasks and responsibilities of a Shift Manager as
outlined in the Shift Manager job description.
2. As needed, supervises food preparation to ensure that food
safety and operations standards are maintained.
3. Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of
cleanliness are maintained as outlined in the Subway Operations
Manual: Daily Procedures.
4. Manages a staff of approximately 4 to 12. Assigns, oversees
and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination
of team members. May conduct written and verbal staff
5. Performs paperwork duties and assists with product orders and
inventory as needed.
6. Assists with planning of special events and promotions.
7. Completes University of Subway courses as directed.
Education: High school diploma or
Experience & Skills: Experience in restaurant
operations, preferably with supervisory experience. Requires
excellent communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of
team members. Computer knowledge is desirable.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the
restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale
system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and
walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds
frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.