Patient Services Representative
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Patient Service Representative performs a variety of
business-related duties both clerical and administrative in nature.
This position requires skills in planning, organizing and problem
solving. The position requires oversight of front office tasks to
include office supplies and daily drawer drop, along with
monitoring the assigned clinics schedules and billable claims.
The Patient Service Representative will be the point
person for patient registration and scheduling follow up
appointments and time of service collections.
This role requires close collaboration with our
Billing Manager, Patient Care Coordinators, Intake Coordinators,
Clinic Managers, and all Clinicians to ensure staff schedules are
maximized for efficient delivery of care. You will also be
assisting with some A/R duties, billing, charge entry, extending
authorizations/referrals and medical records.
This position will be based outof our
This position has no supervisory
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients
and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring
inquiries in a friendly professional manner.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider
efficiency and treatment room utilization by scheduling
appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying
provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared
to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients'
anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception
- Ensures availability of treatment information by
filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording,
and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial
information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling
credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment
by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed
supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying
receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining
confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Follows all HIPAA regulations and compliance.
- Maintains operations by following policies and
procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related
results as needed along with contributing ideas for process
- Answering multiline phone system / retrieving
messages and insuring proper messages to be relayed
- Collection of copays and other fees required prior
to the office visit or treatment
- Verify insurance coverage and assist with A/R
management and claims processing
- Schedule / reschedule appointments and confirm
appointments two days in advance
- Exhibits professional and friendly phone
- Solid customer service skills and ability to engage
well with patients
- Eager to assists the company in any other related
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required. Associates or
Bachelors degree preferred.
- Medical receptionist experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurances preferred
- Ability to multi-task effectively and
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain organized and time
- Ability to remain calm and collective during
- Strong communication skills both verbally and
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google
- Outstanding customer service
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: SpineZone, Oceanside , Patient Services Representative, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!