Aerospace QA Inspector - Oceanside
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB SUMMARY:Identify, prioritize, and complete inspection
activities utilizing visual and GD&T methods to verify and
validate conformance to internal quality and customer standards in
support of production and engineering priorities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Inspects machined parts, components, assemblies, and materials
to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines
(Military Standards, ASTM, ANSI, and ASME Codes, etc.) and
ascertains product conformity, condition, or serviceability
- Performs with a high degree of accuracy and attention to
- Documents inspection results and provides various electronic
and hard copy test and inspection reports to appropriate parties,
including process, manufacturing, and quality engineers for product
- May be required to interact with regulatory agencies and
customers, including their auditors or inspectors during audit
activities and provide responses to their inquiries related to
inspection and calibration activities
- Schedules and routes instruments and other equipment or tools
requiring calibration to calibration laboratory or vendor to ensure
proper performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- May prepare, update, or maintain a calibration database
- Monitors and verifies quality by means of statistical process
or other control procedure and compiles related quality matrix
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment, consumable materials,
and services as necessary to maintain uninterrupted inspection
- Responsible for maintaining communication with managers,
engineers, production control personnel, department supervisors,
and NDT group leadership to effectively support production
objectives and proactively address concerns or limitations.
- Other responsibilities as required. MINIMUM REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS:Education and/or Experience: (The following
qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience,
education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate 3+ years of
quality inspection experience in visual and dimensional methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Aerospace Visual and GD&T experience. ISO 9001/AS9100
inspection experience CMM experience with PC-DMIS software
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel DCC
(direct computer control) experience.
- Statistical process controls experience is a plus.
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws.
- Must be able to read and understand and interpret engineering
drawings and specification and perform mathematical
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time, is organized and
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems (Jobscope a plus).
- Disciplined in Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
- Must possess strong computer skill for effective communication
and record keeping.
- Proficient with excel/work/powerpoint/outlook applications
- Familiar with Aerospace ITAR compliance.
- US Person Required
- Well versed in OSHA/SAFETY manufacturing requirements.
- Work independently and with a wide variety of staff,
departments and culture while fostering a cooperative spirit within
a large and/or small team.
- Ability to handle sensitive material and maintain
- Attention to details, good follow-through, highly organized,
manage multiple projects simultaneously with excellent
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, work with and meet deadlines and able to
handle high-volume workflow in a fast-paced manufacturing
- Perform basic, routine mathematical functions, which may
involve complex excel spreadsheets to produce statistics, graphs,
charts and reports.
- Ability to read and interpret documents: such as, safety rules,
SOPs, policies and procedure.
- Ability to write routine e-mails and speak effectively
throughout organization at all levels.
- Experience working with vendors and outside customers. Physical
Demands and Work Environment: (Typical physical demands and the
work environment characteristics an employee must meet and
encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Position involves frequent sitting at a desk using a computer
for various work applications.
- Ability to stand and walk frequently.
- Ability to lift and carry items (such as parts and fixtures) up
to 50 pounds.
- Ability to squat and kneel frequently, to climb stairs, use
- Ability to reach with hands and arms occasionally to remove
materials from shelves.
- Ability to finger, grasp and feel objects (such as parts, raw
material, and fixtures).
- Fine hand manipulation of moderate strength is required for
inspection lab work.
- Requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) for
- Must be able to speak/hear to fulfill verbal communications and
respond to ringing telephones.
- When approved, must be able to work extended hours per the
demands of the business. The above statements are intended to
describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility
levels and characteristics of positions assigned to this
classification. They should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list
of duties and responsibilities. Management has the right to change
duties at any time to meet business needs. Veridiam, Inc. is an
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and takes pride in a
diverse environment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veridiam
will recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on
their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, marital status, gender identity, disability, medical
condition or handicap or protected veteran status or any other
legally protected status. Veridiam is a Drug Free environment and
Affirmation Action Employer. PI151462049
Keywords: Veridiam, Oceanside , Aerospace QA Inspector - Oceanside, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!