Machinist III - Aerospace
Posted on: May 14, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:Under minimal supervision, a Machinist III is
capable of taking a part and set-up requirements in order to meet
specification and tolerance required, as well as, alter existing
complicated programs. Expert with setting up complicated Aerospace
parts. Must have experience setting up and running production, 3
and 5 axis milling machines as well as single and multi-turret
machines. Ability to envision what original block piece will look
like when produced. A successful Machinist III candidate will
understand what the process entails during the implementation to
meet conformance to specifications of part, great knowledge on
parts inspection and GD&T. We're looking for an independent
worker and self-starter with a professional business mindset, who
is able to collaborate with other departments and clients regarding
specifications. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MACHINIST
- Perform set-ups on lathe mill turn and 5Axis machine.
Understand how to use inspection equipment for production jobs in a
responsive manner to support a production-paced environment.
- Shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Observe
machine operations and adjust operation to ensure conformance with
- Setup independently new jobs and development jobs on (3 and 5
axis mills machines) from start to finish, including selection of
tools and CNC programming understanding.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts
for conformance to specifications. Identify issues and monitor
process and troubleshoot concern resulting in resolution.
- Experience reading blueprints and work instructions to assess
workpiece specifications and to determine programming and sequences
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances
of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Inspect finished part for smoothness, contour conformity, and
- Maintain, create, and update setup procedures for all critical
- Monitors production performance measurements and adjusts
process to maintain quality and improve on cost.
- Routinely monitors processes to ensure process control and
variation reduction using statistical tools.
- Compute dimensions, tolerances, and angles of workpieces or
machines, according to specifications and knowledge of metal
properties and shop mathematics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. MINIMUM REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and/or Experience: (The following
qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience,
education and/or vocational training as noted or as
- Minimum 10 years lathe mill turn, 3 and 5 axis experience Miss
.(Preferably on DMG Mori & Matsuura)
- Minimum 5 years Aerospace manufacturing on the job
- Extensive experience with (GD&T) Geometric Dimensioning and
- Manufacturing engineering related experience a plus; or a level
of education that, together with experience and training, enables
the applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge and
- Aerospace manufacturing working environment, preferred.
- Formal business training or education, a plus. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of machine shop and tool room
- Understanding the machining properties of various metals and
the proper application and operation of CNC equipment, tool
maintenance and grinding.
- Reading, interpreting and working from engineering drawings and
work order instructions.
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment and gages and
vision system inspection equipment.
- Organization, mechanical and interpersonal skills.
- Measure dimensional tolerances using applicable equipment to
read precision instruments and see and feel product defects.
- Ability to read CMM reports and make adequate
adjustment/offsets to get product back to nominal.
- Understand, value and actively drive process optimization and
- Takes a leadership role in a team atmosphere, possessing
flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing priorities and
be able to provide and accept constructive criticism.
- Highly skilled with plunge EDM and carbide draw die fabrication
and polishing experience.
- Knowledgeable of hazardous and flammable materials.
- Highly skilled at identifying material properties and their
- Disciplined in 5s, lean manufacturing and Six Sigma and
Statistical Process Control Techniques (a plus).PHYSICAL DEMANDS
AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Position involves frequent standing in a manufacturing
- Ability to stand and walk between machines.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry items up to 25 pounds
and with assistance 50 pounds.
- Ability to squat and kneel, climb stairs, reach with hands and
arms to operate machines.
- Ability to finger, grasp and feel objects, possess fine hand
manipulation of moderate strength.
- Requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) and
distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).Veridiam, Inc. is
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and takes pride in a
diverse environment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veridiam
will recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on
their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, marital status, gender identity, disability, medical
condition or handicap or protected veteran status or any other
legally protected status. Veridiam is a Drug Free environment and
Affirmation Action Employer. PI175360673
Keywords: Veridiam, Oceanside , Machinist III - Aerospace, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!