Quality Inspector III
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Under minimal supervision, a successful Quality Inspector III can
identify, prioritize, and complete inspection activities utilizing
visual and GD&T methods to verify and validate conformance to
internal quality and customer standards in support of production
and engineering priorities. This position supports Veridiam's
Oceanisde, CA facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects machined parts, components, assemblies, and materials
to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines
(Military Standards, ASTM, ANSI, and ASME Codes, etc.) and
ascertains product conformity, condition, or
- Performs with a high degree of accuracy and attention to
- Documents inspection results and provides various electronic
and hard copy test and inspection reports to appropriate parties,
including process, manufacturing, and quality engineers for product
- May be required to interact with regulatory agencies and
customers, including their auditors or inspectors during audit
activities and provide responses to their inquiries related to
inspection and calibration activities
- Schedules and routes instruments and other equipment or tools
requiring calibration to calibration laboratory or vendor to ensure
proper performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- May prepare, update, or maintain a calibration
- Monitors and verifies quality by means of statistical process
or other control procedure and compiles related quality matrix
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment, consumable materials,
and services as necessary to maintain uninterrupted inspection
- Responsible for maintaining communication with managers,
engineers, production control personnel, department supervisors,
and NDT group leadership to effectively support production
objectives and proactively address concerns or
- Other responsibilities as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate 3+ years of
quality inspection experience in visual and dimensional
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Visual and GD&T experience. CMM experience with PC-DMIS
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel DCC
(direct computer control) experience.
- Statistical process controls experience is a plus.
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws.
- Must be able to read and understand and interpret engineering
drawings and specification and perform mathematical
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time, is organized and
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems (Jobscope a plus).
- Disciplined in Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
- Must possess strong computer skill for effective communication
and record keeping.
Veridiam, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and takes pride in a diverse environment. As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Veridiam will recruit and select applicants for
employment solely based on their qualifications. Our Practices and
Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers,
promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will
be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, marital status, gender identity,
disability, medical condition or handicap or protected veteran
status or any other legally protected status. Veridiam is a Drug
Free environment and Affirmation Action Employer.
Keywords: Veridiam, Oceanside , Quality Inspector III, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!