Teller: Oceanside/Fire Mt.
Company: Frontwave Credit Union
Posted on: August 6, 2022
As a Teller, you are responsible for providing a variety of
teller functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, and
loan payments. Balances daily transactions and verifies cash
totals. If you enjoy helping people and have experience working in
a financial institution or in a retail/cashier environment, this
job is for you!About Frontwave Credit Union:Frontwave Credit Union
is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving San
Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Founded in 1952, we
have grown to 14 branches with 100,000 members and manage over a
billion in assets. At Frontwave Credit Union, we are focused on
creating consumer solutions to provide our members and the
communities we serve with products and services that enhance the
quality of life for our members through exceptional service and the
progressive application of technology.Service Excellence
Standards:Employees are expected to model behaviors designed to
build and maintain an environment focused on creating a culture of
- We see it. We own it. We get it done.
- We ignite positive experiences.
- We do things right every time.
- We are collaborators united, cohesive and engaged.
- We innovate and evolve.
- We create memorable experiences for life.Whats In It For
You:Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto
discounts.9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid
holidays.Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and
Flexible Spending Account.Employee Assistance Program with a
variety of services.Career development, training, and coaching,
mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year.Culture of
excellence and continuous improvement.We strive to be the best
place youve ever worked!Essential Duties and
Responsibilities:Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other
duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in
compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union
policies and procedures.
- Ensures efficient and effective processing of Teller
- Receives checks and cash for deposit and payments, verifies
amount, and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of
signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record
transactions, and issues computer generated receipts
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance to
check hold policies
- Orders daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of
shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer
- Processes other negotiable instruments such as: government
bonds, wire transfers, cashiers checks, Visa gift cards and Western
- Processes payments and deposits made via night drop and
- Processes share branching transactions for guest members in
accordance with FSCC guidelines
- Processes general ledger debits and credits such as ATM,
Coinstar, and charge Misc. fees
- Handles requests regarding basic account information, change
requests, stop payment requests and rate information.
- Cross-sells additional products and services to meet member
- Processes other requests of a more complex nature
- Mortgage payments
- ACH transfer set-up
- ATM plastic setup and card ordering
- On-line check ordering
- Follows Red Flag Program Policy.
- Identifies red flags to detect possible risk of identity theft
to members or to the safety and soundness of the credit
union.Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or general
education degree (GED). Six months Teller or equivalent experience
in a credit union or similar financial institution.May accept
individual in our Teller Trainee level position with no less than
six months cash handling experience with increasing responsibility
that would include balancing a cash drawer or cash register at the
beginning or end of a shift. Physical Demands:Member facing
positions at our all branches may require standing. An adequate
number of suitable seats shall be placed in reasonable proximity to
the work area and employees shall be permitted to use such seats
when it does not interfere with the performance of their
duties.When joining Frontwave Credit Union, you can expect to be a
part of a workforce committed to the following Service Excellence
standards: We see it. We own it. We get it done. We ignite positive
experiences. We do things right every time. We are collaborators -
united, cohesive and engaged We innovate and evolve. We create
memorable experiences for life. We starts with me.ID: 2022-1541
Street: 2454 Vista Way Frontwave Service Standards: When joining
Frontwave Credit Union, you can expect to be a part of a workforce
committed to the following Service Excellence standards: We see it.
We own it. We get it done. We ignite positive experiences. We do
things right every time. We are collaborators - united, cohesive
and engaged We innovate and evolve. We create memorable experiences
for life. We starts with me.
Keywords: Frontwave Credit Union, Oceanside , Teller: Oceanside/Fire Mt., Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!