Posted on: September 22, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:Under minimal supervision, capable of taking a part
and set-up requirements in order to meet specification and
tolerance required, as well as, alter existing complicated
programs. Expert with setting up complicated Aerospace parts.
Experience setting up and running production, 3 and 5 axis milling
machines. As well as single and multi-turret machines. Ability to
envision what original block piece will look like when produced.
Understand what the process entails during the implementation to
meet conformance to specifications of part, great knowledge on
parts inspection and GD&T. Independent worker and self-starter.
Professional business mindset, able to collaborate with other
departments and clients regarding specifications. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Perform set-ups on lathe mill turn and 5Axis machine. Undemand
how to use inspection equipment for production jobs in a responsive
manner to support a production-paced environment.
- Shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Observe
machine operations and adjust operation to ensure conformance with
- Setup independently new jobs and development jobs on (3 and 5
axis mills machines) from start to finish, including selection of
tools and CNC programming understanding.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts
for conformance to specifications. Identify issues and monitor
process and troubleshoot concern resulting in resolution.
- Experience reading blueprints, Work instructions to assess
workpiece specifications and to determine programming and sequences
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances
of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Inspect finished part for smoothness, contour conformity, and
- Maintain, create, and update setup procedures for all critical
- Monitors production performance measurements and adjusts
process to maintain quality and improve on cost.
- Routinely monitors processes to ensure process control and
variation reduction using statistical tools.
- Compute dimensions, tolerances, and angles of workpieces or
machines, according to specifications and knowledge of metal
properties and shop mathematics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. MINIMUM REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 10 years lathe mill turn, 3 and 5 axis experience Miss
.(Preferably on DMG Mori & Matsuura)
- Minimum 5 years Aerospace manufacturing on the job
- Extensive experience with (GD&T) Geometric Dimensioning and
- Manufacturing engineering related experience a plus; or a level
of education that, together with experience and training, enables
the applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge and
- Aerospace manufacturing working environment,
preferred.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding the machining properties of various metals and
the proper application and operation of CNC equipment, tool
maintenance and grinding.
- Reading, interpreting and working from engineering drawings and
work order instructions.
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment and gages and
vision system inspection equipment.
- Strong math skills (e.g. shop math, basic algebra, geometry and
- Measure dimensional tolerances using applicable equipment to
read precision instruments and see and feel product defects.
- Ability to read CMM reports and make adequate
adjustment/offsets to get product back to nominal.
- Highly skilled with plunge EDM and carbide draw die fabrication
and polishing experience.
- Disciplined in 5s, lean manufacturing and Six Sigma and
Statistical Process Control Techniques (a plus).Veridiam, Inc. is
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and takes pride in a
diverse environment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veridiam
will recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on
their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, marital status, gender identity, disability, medical
condition or handicap or protected veteran status or any other
legally protected status. Veridiam is a Drug Free environment and
Affirmation Action Employer.
Keywords: Veridiam, Oceanside , Machinist III, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!