Quality Inspector - 2nd Shift
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Position Summary Under general supervision, can identify,
prioritize, and complete inspection activities utilizing visual and
GD&T methods to verify and validate conformance to internal
quality and customer standards in support of production and
engineering priorities. Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects machined parts, components, assemblies, and materials
to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines
(Military Standards, ASTM, ANSI, and ASME Codes, etc.) and
ascertains product conformity, condition, or serviceability
- Performs with a high degree of accuracy and attention to
- Documents inspection results and provides various electronic
and hard copy test and inspection reports to appropriate parties,
including process, manufacturing, and quality engineers for product
- May be required to interact with regulatory agencies and
customers, including their auditors or inspectors during audit
activities and provide responses to their inquiries related to
inspection and calibration activities
- Schedules and routes instruments and other equipment or tools
requiring calibration to calibration laboratory or vendor to ensure
proper performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- May prepare, update, or maintain a calibration database
- Monitors and verifies quality by means of statistical process
or other control procedure and compiles related quality matrix
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment, consumable materials,
and services as necessary to maintain uninterrupted inspection
- Responsible for maintaining communication with managers,
engineers, production control personnel, department supervisors,
and NDT group leadership to effectively support production
objectives and proactively address concerns or limitations.
- Other responsibilities as required. Position Requirements 2nd
shift Schedule: 1pm - 9:30pm Education
- High school diploma or equivalent. Experience
- 3 or more years experience measuring components with manual
dimensional measurement devices. Knowledge
- Visual and GD&T experience. CMM experience with PC-DMIS
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel DCC
(direct computer control) experience.
- Statistical process controls experience is a plus.
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws.
- Must be able to read and understand and interpret engineering
drawings and specification and perform mathematical
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time, is organized and
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems (Jobscope a plus).
- Disciplined in Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
- Must possess strong computer skill for effective communication
and record keeping.
- Proficient with excel/work/powerpoint/outlook applications
- US Person Required PI190256105
Keywords: Veridiam, Oceanside , Quality Inspector - 2nd Shift, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!