Lead Medical Assistant - Bilingual
Posted on: January 14, 2023
TrueCareJob Title: Lead Medical Assistant (Pediatrics)Location:
Oceanside, CA Job Status: Full-TimeShift: Various shifts from 8am
to 7pm (Mon to Sat)Pay starts at $25.00 per hour! PLUS a $500.00
Sign On Bonus!TrueCare is more than just a place to work; it feels
like home. Sound like a fit? We'd love to hear from you!Position
Summary The Lead Medical Assistant is responsible for managing and
delegating roles and responsibilities of the clinic's Medical
Assistants and Medical Receptionists, ensuring the clinical floor
flows properly, and performing clinical and administrative tasks
under the supervision of a licensed care practitioner. ESSENTIAL
- Manage daily workflow of front and back-office staff and ensure
that patient flow is smooth and satisfactory.
- Process staff and patient incoming calls, faxes and
- Assist LVN and RN in maintaining protocols for licensing
requirements (title XXII) or grants.
- Verify accurate chart prep before patient visits.
- Maintain supply inventory in exam rooms and back office and
ensure that they are neat and clean.
- Manage daily sterilization of instruments and maintain
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for
examination by performing preliminary physical tests; and taking
blood pressure, height, weight and temperature.
- Record patients' medical history, vital signs and information
such as test results in the Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Assist medical staff in examining and treating patients,
handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as
giving injections and removing sutures.
- Perform various laboratory procedures to include urine
analysis, cultures, immunization, Hgb, lead levels and EKGs.
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the
specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform respiratory treatments, injections and immunizations
according to TrueCare protocols or standing orders.
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Monitor and evaluate policies and procedures to suggest
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by
completing and safeguarding medical records.
- Perform patient checkout and scheduling of appointments when
such coverage is needed.
- Provide lab and x-ray coverage within licensed scope of
practice, as appropriate.QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Three (3) years' Medical Assistant experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical laboratory procedures
and healthcare operations and workflow.
- One (1) year experience with documentation in an EHR system.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare related courses.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (may be required in some
- X-Ray Technician Certificate (for clinics with x-ray
- Phlebotomy Certificate Certifications
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare
Providers TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations. "
The State of California released a new order requiring all staff in
healthcare settings to be fully boostered by March, 1 2022. At
Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors.Visit to learn more!
Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro. Bienvenido!TrueCare is
committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, or local law. PI201066918
Keywords: TrueCare, Oceanside , Lead Medical Assistant - Bilingual, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!