Nurse Practitioner-Pediatrics- Community Clinic
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Position Summary Under the direction of the Physician
Supervisor, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides health care
services to patients who may have acute episodic conditions or
chronic problems, as well as those seeking health evaluation,
preventive care and/or education and counseling. The NP also works
closely with Health Center/Clinic Manager to ensure comprehensive
delivery of services and quality patient care. Essential
- Conduct clinical practice in adherence with TrueCare Medical
Staff Bylaws and clinical guidelines.
- Examine patients, perform comprehensive physical examinations,
and compile patient medical data, including health history and
results of physical examination.
- Diagnose and treat both chronic and episodic disorders
including complications of otherwise normal processes.
- Perform clinical assessments and case management services,
which include interpretation of histories, initial and periodic
examinations, and management of medical, care regimens that are
within the approved skills profile and/or scope of practice.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-rays,
electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests, and interpret test
results for deviations from normal.
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as injections,
immunization, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress
notes, and assist in provision of continuity of care.
- Prescribe medications, orthotics, physical therapy, procedures,
and other pertinent treatments.
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with
prescribed therapeutic regimes, normal growth and development,
family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health
- Provide patients with information to make informed decisions in
- Document patient encounters daily in the Electronic Health
Record (EHR) system with appropriate diagnosis and treatment codes;
and submit patient charges daily.
- Facilitate transfer of care to other TrueCare clinicians when
religious/personal beliefs interfere with the clinician's ability
to offer full care options (i.e. abortion referral, contraceptive
- Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations and suggest
ways to maximize efficiencies and revenues.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and
advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain licensure and professional and technical knowledge by
attending continuing education programs and reviewing professional
- Participate in Quality Assurance Program including audits, peer
review, patient satisfaction, protocol development and in-servicing
- Collaborate with clinical and operational leadership and work
as a team to optimize access to care and implement recommended
clinical workflows that enhance efficiency and effectiveness at
maintaining standards of productivity, safety and clinical quality
as measured, reported, and shared with all providers from time to
time by TrueCare leadership.Job Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Master's Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Electronic
Health/Medical Record systems and the Microsoft Office suite,
including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Two years of work experience as a Nurse PractitionerNice to
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (may be required at some
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Current and unrestricted California Nurse Practitioner
- Board of Registered Nurses Certification Furnishing Number
issued by California Board of Registered Nursing
- Current and unrestricted Controlled Substances Registration
Certificate from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Valid California Driver's License, proof of auto liability
insurance and clean driving recordCertifications
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by an accredited
professional nursing organization such as the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare
Providers TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a
condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations.At
Truecare, we put your health first. Our compassionate team
understands your needs and provides a heartfelt welcome to each and
every person who walks through our doors.Visit to learn more!
Health Inside. Come in! Salud Adentro. Bienvenido!TrueCare is
committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state, or local law. In the spirit of pay
transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for
this position. This position is also eligible for our annual
incentive program bonus. If you are hired at TrueCare, your final
base salary (within the pay range), will be determined based on
factors such as education, knowledge, skills, and experience. In
addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay
equity and consider the internal equity of our current team members
when determining any final offer. Please keep in mind that the
range mentioned above is the full base salary range for the role.
Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to
allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer
generous benefits and retirement plans. PI201066981
Keywords: TrueCare, Oceanside , Nurse Practitioner-Pediatrics- Community Clinic, Other , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!