Instrument Technician (FT) - North Coast Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Location: US-CA-Oceanside# of Openings: 1Category:
Technician/Clinical UnlicensedSystem ID: 13872
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Instrument Processing Technician is responsible for maintaining
instruments and equipment in an optimal fashion and preparing
instrumentation, equipment, and sterile supplies for the surgical
patient. The Instrument Processing Technician is responsible to
assist with the provision of patient care to meet identified
patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as
directed by the clinical leader. The Instrument Processing
Technician performs duties according to scope of practice
designated by the facility position description, role and
responsibilities and under the direction of the designated clinical
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures, aseptic technique, and
maintenance and care of instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and engages in practices and procedures
of sterile technique.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area, in appropriate sequence, for
storage and/or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization and disinfection methods required
for specific instruments and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
sterilization and low, intermediate, and high-level disinfection
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of
accurate and up to date information in accordance with established
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, and disinfects instruments and
equipment and maintains the functions of the instrument processing
- Maintains area/department in an orderly/organized fashion.
- Perform weekly inventory of processing supplies and notifies
appropriate personnel of order needs.
- Continues assigned daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly
routines, including requirements with reports, logs and related
- Assists teammates with daily preparation for current and future
facility schedules (pulling cases and assembling supplies) as
- Is available to assist all areas of facility as needed and
- Responsible for crossover duties in other areas such as
purchasing supplies and inventory management in proper areas
according to facility policy and management guidance.
- Demonstrates flexibility in assuming duties and
- Transport patients to car when ready to discharge.
- Assists in room turnover when needed and as assigned.
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a
thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy and
according to management guidance.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as
instructed or trained.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Understanding of sterilization and high-level disinfection
technologies including industry standardized principles and
practice in sterilization and disinfection required.
- Prior experience in instrument processing preferred.
- Prior experience as a surgical technologist/procedure
- Successful completion of BLS Course within 90 days of
employment required or documentation of current BLS
- Certification in instrument processing is preferred.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Oceanside , Instrument Technician (FT) - North Coast Surgery Center, Professions , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!