Company: EMI Services, Inc.
Posted on: July 30, 2022
DescriptionThe Heating Ventilation and Air- Conditioning (HVAC)
Mechanic installs, services and repairs environmental-control
systems in residences, department stores, office buildings, and
other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of
refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout, mounts
compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand
tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications,
fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts,
using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment, and
installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using
hand tools.Essential Functions:
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using
cutting and bending equipment and tools, cuts and threads pipe,
using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment.
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means
of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch,
forming complete circuit for refrigerant, installs expansion and
discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity
controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and
connects control panels to power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test
systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to
insure proper operation.
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place
with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches,
fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units.
- May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from
three to four hundred tons cooling capacity in warehouses, barracks
and commercial buildings.
- Prepares work orders and cost materials estimates.
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in
good working condition.
- May assist in training lower-level workers in mechanical repair
- Practice workplace safety.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of
ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- Minimum 2 Years experience to include inspection, disassembly,
assembly, replacement and repair of compressors, motors, burners,
pumps, filters, ductwork, pipes, valves, refrigerants and their
recovery systems and pressure vessels. Experience in installing,
calibrating, troubleshooting and replacement of control systems are
required. Commercial experience Highly Preferred
- HVAC I course or equivalent
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be EPA Universal Certified
- All applicants must pass a drug screening and background
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to military
#emiservicesBenefitsWhat We DoEMI is
an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation support
services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT support. EMI
consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations
and quality service that exceeds our clients' expectations.
What Sets Us ApartThe Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our
customers' trust and our employees' loyalty. We've successfully
performed over 60 service contracts and we understand the unique
challenges facing today's military. We offer exceptional
responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We
demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the
highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.The Right
Team: The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving professionals,
administrative and trades personnel deployed in various locations
throughout the United States. At times, we augment our in-house
capabilities with proven and capable business partners.The Right
Approach: EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions to augment
our clients' operations. We provide a platform that delivers
seamless mission support and exceptional customer service in a very
cost-effective and repeatable solution.
- Generous benefits package
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: EMI Services, Inc., Oceanside , HVAC Mechanic, Professions , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!