ADVANCED CARE TECHNICIAN
Company: Tri City Healthcare District
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Tri-City Healthcare District has been serving the North County
region for almost 60 years and remains committed to providing high
quality healthcare and community services for every individual we
encounter regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the community
we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear and listen
to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical staff and
all community stakeholders in order to understand and meet our
An Advanced Care Technician, or ACT-Float work under the direction
of a Registered Nurse, provides basic patient care and comfort
measures for assigned patients. These duties are not to exclude
other duties that may be assigned. Provides care for infant (0-1
year of age), emergency pediatric (1-13 years of age), and adult
(14 years of age and older) populations.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties,
responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform
the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner.
They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the
work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the
position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with
or without prior notice based on the needs of the
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit
based safety and infection control requirements.
- Provides comfort measures to patients.
- Provides assistance with patient's daily needs.
- Assists patients with meals as needed.
- Records and reports observations to immediate supervisor,
including temperature, pulse, weight, and daily input and
- Cleans and prepares medical equipment. Reports condition of
- Assists in transporting patients, as necessary.
- Formula preparation (NICU Department)
- ACT: 3-6 months previous experience in an acute care facility,
- ACT-Float: 1-Year previous experience in an acute care
- NICU Department: Minimum 2 years CNA experience, required.
Pediatric experience strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills, required.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English,
- Knowledge of electronic charting, preferred.
- One or more of the following is required upon hire:
- Current California Certified Nurse Assistant Certification,
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse, or
- Corpsman (military), or
- Nursing student that has completed the fundamentals of nursing
including initial assessment and taking vitals.
- Current BLS certification, required upon hire; American Heart
Association Healthcare Provider.
- NVCI within 90 days of hire or transfer, required (ED, BHU IP &
OP and Forensics only)
- Maintain a minimum of 10 related to work CE from TCMC, or other
source annually in lieu of maintaining licensure.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a
physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment
background checks before starting work.
*Salary/Hourly Wage range based on experience.
To protect the health of patients and staff, and to comply with the
new State of California mandates, all job offers are contingent on
the successful engagement in the TCMC COVID-19 vaccination program
(fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
Keywords: Tri City Healthcare District, Oceanside , ADVANCED CARE TECHNICIAN, Professions , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!