Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD),
founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window
manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24
countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina,
JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of
interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium -windows and
related products for use in the new construction and repair and
remodelling -of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.We act
with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation,
deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking
talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to
excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a
collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a
dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression
opportunities. Summary/Objective: The Production Manager is
responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in managing all
production operations and shop activities. This position directs
and guides the Group Managers, and is a key driver of JELD-WEN's
Key Performance Indicators, including, but not limited to, SQDCI,
TPS, OTD, and Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives in
direct support of JELD-WEN's Mission Statement. Key
- Under the direction of the Plant Manager, this position will
manage the activities on the shop floor, following established
procedures and approved processes consistent with JELD-WEN's
Mission Statement and Key Performance Indicators.
- This position will supervise all production operations
including, but not limited to, Machining, Assembly, Facility and
Production Support, Material Handling and Maintenance in support of
plant operations, and corporate goals and objectives.
- Coordinate plant activities as directed by the Plant Manager,
through planning with the Group Managers, and act as a liaison
between plant managers and the rank and file hourly employees up
and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate plant activities to include
fulfilling sales orders, shipping and receiving, meeting JIT
inventory requirements, and delivered manufactured products in a
timely fashion utilizing SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous Improvement
activities and initiatives during the process. -
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets
and Key Performance Indicators.
- Assist the Plant Manager in establishing and monitoring overall
plant performance for production and quality standards working with
- Assist in controlling/minimizing labor overtime, premium
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment. Recommend to
the Plant Manager, Engineering, and Research & Development the need
for new equipment/facilities as needed.
- Provides leadership and training to Group Managers and other
plant personnel to meet corporate Key Performance Indicators and
Continuous Improvement goals and objectives.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production fluidity, safety,
and plant cleanliness, and implements and maintains preventative
maintenance programs as needed.
- Assist the Plant Manager in establishing and monitoring overall
plant performance for production and quality control standards, and
is the driving force behind SQDCI, TPS, OTD, and Continuous
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member's
performance and capabilities, based upon company Key Performance
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company
goals and objectives in accordance with JELD-WEN's Mission
Statement. SUPERVISORY This position manages all Coordinating Group
Managers and Group Managers at the facility. -TRAVEL Travel is
primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area
and overnight travel may be expected. Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
and three to five years' experience in a supervisory capacity in a
manufacturing environment, preferably in the window and door
- Associate's Degree in a related field and five to seven years'
experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing
environment, preferably in the window and door industry.
- A combination of related college work, and seven to ten years
of applicable work experience at JELD-WEN, at the discretion of
- Strong knowledge of raw materials, preferably for door and
- Advanced knowledge and experience in production and
manufacturing process improvement techniques including, but not
limited to, SQDCI, OTD, TPS, and Continuous Improvement
methodologies and activities.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and production related
- Basic knowledge of business, finance, quality control systems
and standards. -
- Superb leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and
problem solving skills, and the ability to drive manufacturing
process improvement techniques throughout the production process in
a skillful and deliberate manner. -
- Excellent team skills, including the ability to coach and
develop work teams and provide appropriate training on Continuous
Improvement methods and initiatives to subordinates. -
- Superior motivational skills to empower others, and to resolve
- Must possess a sound understanding of management principles and
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices. -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills up and down
the organizational hierarchy to include rank and file, staff, Group
Managers, and Plant Managers.
- Advanced knowledge of door and window production machines and
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities on a
- Knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other
position applicable software applications used on the plant floor
and in production processes. #LI-SA1 JELD-WEN is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against
any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race,
color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or any other classification protected by applicable
discrimination laws.Unless explicitly requested or approached by
JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from
headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Oceanside , Production Manager, Professions , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!